The silent beat assassin
christina aguilera thumbs down GIF

@Armani XD

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Feedback please anyone?
Good bounce. Kick is a bit slightly punchy for that bass but good. I like the bassline, nice pattern. Great use of the vocals from the sample. It's just some of the sample chops are a bit too choppy. But other than that it's a nice blend, especially how the bassline sounds with the samples.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Good bounce. Kick is a bit slightly punchy for that bass but good. I like the bassline, nice pattern. Great use of the vocals from the sample. It's just some of the sample chops are a bit too choppy. But other than that it's a nice blend, especially how the bassline sounds with the samples.
I pretty much composed the whole thing on my phone.

I played the bass in on my keyboard tho.

Other than the bass and early synth sound, everything (including drums) were chopped up from the original sample.

It was fun trying something different. Tho I miss out on adding modern drums n sounds.

My bass mix is translating bad in my headphones... which is weird as I cross reference on them - after export suddenly its no longer translating. Sounds fine on my monitors tho.
I'm wondering if my headphones are having a different response on different playback systems - from PC/DAW to phone.
This issue is disappointing tho, happened in my previous entry.

The mix sounding mostly fine your end???

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

NIIGH

Battle Points: 27
Does anyone have feedback on my beat? I tried a few new things and I am looking to improve. Thanks in advance.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I pretty much composed the whole thing on my phone.

I played the bass in on my keyboard tho.

Other than the bass and early synth sound, everything (including drums) were chopped up from the original sample.

It was fun trying something different. Tho I miss out on adding modern drums n sounds.

My bass mix is translating bad in my headphones... which is weird as I cross reference on them - after export suddenly its no longer translating. Sounds fine on my monitors tho.
I'm wondering if my headphones are having a different response on different playback systems - from PC/DAW to phone.
This issue is disappointing tho, happened in my previous entry.

The mix sounding mostly fine your end???
Yeah the mix sounded ok on my end. It's always hard to get a good response on headphones.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Does anyone have feedback on my beat? I tried a few new things and I am looking to improve. Thanks in advance.
Nice intro. The drums have a really nice bounce. The sample chops are solid. It's just the high pitched voice I wasn't crazy about, it just seemed out of place since the other chops blended so smoothly together. Maybe have another part of the sample instead of that high pitched vocals.

NIIGH

Nice intro. The drums have a really nice bounce. The sample chops are solid. It's just the high pitched voice I wasn't crazy about, it just seemed out of place since the other chops blended so smoothly together. Maybe have another part of the sample instead of that high pitched vocals.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I've never been a 'chipmunk soul' person, tried it in a pinch, I think it came out ok, but I agree that its just not my thing and doesnt belong in my beat. In retrosoect, some scratching, or another sound would have been a better choice. Thanks again.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I've never been a 'chipmunk soul' person, tried it in a pinch, I think it came out ok, but I agree that its just not my thing and doesnt belong in my beat. In retrosoect, some scratching, or another sound would have been a better choice. Thanks again.
Yeah that chipmunk sound is okay sometimes but for what you have with the rest of the chops it just didn't seem to fit. Do you scratch?

NIIGH

Yeah that chipmunk sound is okay sometimes but for what you have with the rest of the chops it just didn't seem to fit. Do you scratch?
I have a DDJ and do some simple things (am pretty rusty too), but I could have found something to fit there. I'm fairly new to this community, seems like a good place to be,

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online