Beat This! - August 15-16, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from August 15-16! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on August 15th at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on August 16th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE

Time Limit: 2 minutes

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned (depending on the mood I'm in).

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2018081516.png

i mean its a beat this , its supposed to have a theme right ? on 2018 we had quite a Lot of beat this battles with no themes , Jan 4 , Jan 31 , Feb 15 , Mar 2 , Mar 29 ( first battle after my signup ) , Apr 26 , May 24 , Jul 19 and Aug 15 . that means on 2018 62% of Beat This Battles didn't have any themes , that seems wrong .

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Battle Points: 17
Theme scheme lol...I like it when its open like this - allows for very broad beats to pop up :) Wider the variety the better imo - Cant wait :) Have quite few things been working on cud possibly use for this - have some warzones ready go to when that returns to ;)

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
i mean its a beat this , its supposed to have a theme right ? on 2018 we had quite a Lot of beat this battles with no themes , Jan 4 , Jan 31 , Feb 15 , Mar 2 , Mar 29 ( first battle after my signup ) , Apr 26 , May 24 , Jul 19 and Aug 15 . that means on 2018 62% of Beat This Battles didn't have any themes , that seems wrong .

Look @ it like this no theme means you can make any theme you want. haha

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89

aren't we overthinking about this too much? lol

aren't we overthinking about this too much? lol
Writing a lot of numbers and percents is fun :D just try it one day and you''ll understand my pain , but if you see the content in another way i got a point on it .
Just make beats!
I can't ! i don't know what's wrong with me i just cant make Any good beats , actually if i could make any good beats i was making a beat for the battle when i saw this page instead of whining , a beat this with no theme was my favorite when i could compete , anyway it's been a month since the last time i was good at something .
Look @ it like this no theme means you can make any theme you want. haha
that means there may be 32 themes on a beat this with no themes and 32 contestants , so if you're right , we had more Warzone themes than beat this themes :).

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
Writing a lot of numbers and percents is fun :D just try it one day and you''ll understand my pain , but if you see the content in another way i got a point on it .

I can't ! i don't know what's wrong with me i just cant make Any good beats , actually if i could make any good beats i was making a beat for the battle when i saw this page instead of whining , a beat this with no theme was my favorite when i could compete , anyway it's been a month since the last time i was good at something .

that means there may be 32 themes on a beat this with no themes and 32 contestants , so if you're right , we had more Warzone themes than beat this themes :).

Yeah so if you had a theme you would only hear one style. No theme you will hear allot of different styles maybe even styles combined allot more interesting. Ofcourse theme aint wrong but i think no theme's is perfect aswell gives you more space to create your vibe to your liking.

Yeah so if you had a theme you would only hear one style. No theme you will hear allot of different styles maybe even styles combined allot more interesting. Ofcourse theme aint wrong but i think no theme's is perfect aswell gives you more space to create your vibe to your liking.
everybody makes boom bap or trap , most of the time ... themes force us to be versatile

Status
Not open for further replies.