Battle That! Competition - September 13-16, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I didn’t check the damn thing until today.

Checked the final two rounds. Jesus. There’s some heat.

Memento genre bending like a mofo. I dig it. Super versatile.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Memento genre bending
He's a dirty boi

Coming Out Pride GIF by PAPER

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
@2GooD Productions congrats mang, you definitely came with it. Good shit sir!

@Iron Keys ah, so it was you that knocked me out in the first round. I should have known. lmao man as soon as I heard it I was like .....well shit. I definitely should have chose another beat for round 1

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Iron Keys ah, so it was you that knocked me out in the first round. I should have known. lmao man as soon as I heard it I was like .....well shit. I definitely should have chose another beat for round 1
Really good beat, brother.

I was actually annoyed... the arpeggio synth reminded me of one of my old synth styles,
And then round 2 I came up against another of my styles.
I was like wtf is going here :LOL:

So very very glad I didn't get knocked out by one of my old successful styles.

Again cool beat, brother.

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Thanks man, appreciate that.

lol, that beat is actually almost 100% sample from Interstellar, and I typically go for more of the soulful stuff. But I wanted to be one some Vinnie Paz shit lmao.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Pretty pleased with 3rd round, furthest I've got in a Battle That. Fairly convinced I could have won this if my third beat was a little tighter - was last beat I made, composed mixed mastered 35 mins.

Dunno if anyone noticed, but all 3 beats were from the Darko Domijan flip.

Opted to go completely off track and enter with sampling style.

3 beats made in 3 hours. 2 of which composed on phone.

Pretty pleased with 3rd round, furthest I've got in a Battle That. Fairly convinced I could have won this if my third beat was a little tighter - was last beat I made, composed mixed mastered 35 mins.

Dunno if anyone noticed, but all 3 beats were from the Darko Domijan flip.

Opted to go completely off track and enter with sampling style.

3 beats made in 3 hours. 2 of which composed on phone.
Yeah man, it showed, definitely on your round 3 beat

@TWU @Bandia Gotach Thanks guys.

@Iron Keys i was going to use my Domijan flip but in the end thought it was too soft. Didnt listen to my round 3 beat for long enough to hear the hook, otherwise Id not have used it either. Dont know how I picked my rnd 2 beat, it was shit. Just had luck I was against a bad mix with that one. Thats what happens when you think you have a day but end up having 5 minutes.
I should pay more attention to emails.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@TWU @Bandia Gotach Thanks guys.

@Iron Keys i was going to use my Domijan flip but in the end thought it was too soft. Didnt listen to my round 3 beat for long enough to hear the hook, otherwise Id not have used it either. Dont know how I picked my rnd 2 beat, it was shit. Just had luck I was against a bad mix with that one. Thats what happens when you think you have a day but end up having 5 minutes.
I should pay more attention to emails.
I barely have time to take a shit these days.

Actually, I made a beat once whilst taking a shit. That's life now.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
Then there's also the issue of server space and all that. I wish I had a ton more space but already over 20 years of beats is taking its toll lol.
Hint, hint --- VIP guys for those of you who can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.