Battle That! Battle That! Competition - September 11-14, 2024

• beat this! voting starts in...
just out of curiosity

what are y'all listening to the beats on?
personally I listen on the earphones I normally listen to music to with. best reference you can get imo even if u can afford a whole ass studio.

actually I think it'd be a good idea to bring your iphone earpods or whatever "standard" normal lil thingy you always listen to music to to the studio, to use at least while ur producin, or creating your main mix. later on, you can polish it n perfect it with the monitors, but what you listen with is what you study the language of feel with. that's where u feet touch the ground.

so yeah my reasons is all that. AND the fact that I ain't got monitors lmfao.

I understand it's convenient to listen on a cellphone but that sucks. I think if someone is going to vote from listening on their phone then they should at least really pay attention to the beat. Not just that, they're missing out on some really dope beats and all the highs and lows and mixing.

Maybe we should make the battles live and in person. The person with the loudest speaker blowing kicks and biggest crowd response (because they invited 100 friends) should win.
Its impossible to judge a beat from listening on the phone. So much of the beat is missing from the low end. You cannot judge what you cannot hear. I find it strange that a producer/beatmaker would judge a battle using a phone instead of the setup they use to make beats.
That said, even with my Kali monitors, so much of the low low end was missing and I just couldn't hear it to mix it, my new sub has fixed that problem I hope, getting the sub was a game changer for me.

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Its impossible to judge a beat from listening on the phone. So much of the beat is missing from the low end. You cannot judge what you cannot hear. I find it strange that a producer/beatmaker would judge a battle using a phone instead of the setup they use to make beats.
That said, even with my Kali monitors, so much of the low low end was missing and I just couldn't hear it to mix it, my new sub has fixed that problem I hope, getting the sub was a game changer for me.
Exactly. It's weird that I had to make a mobile view for the battles but for voting I'm assuming everyone's at home on their laptop/desktop with their beatmaking setup.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 590
Exactly. It's weird that I had to make a mobile view for the battles but for voting I'm assuming everyone's at home on their laptop/desktop with their beatmaking setup.
yeah, my phone/consumer checks are mostly like 'vote preparation' whilst I'm aware from my setup. Just to identify tracks I might want to look out for.

but even after my consumer headphone listen, my views can change a fair bit on a proper monitoring setup

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 99
Wait a sec, going to vote through mobile does not implicit listening through the mobile speakers as well... I use my ears buds 2 which aren't top of the game buds but def better than cell speakers.

I also bluetooth through my mobile to my sound system. So no, it is not weird, at least for me !

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Wait a sec, going to vote through mobile does not implicit listening through the mobile speakers as well... I use my ears buds 2 which aren't top of the game buds but def better than cell speakers.

I also bluetooth through my mobile to my sound system. So no, it is not weird, at least for me !
This is an alien language you speak.

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 99
This is an alien language you speak.
awkward et GIF