Apples, And oranges.. But why Reason over FL?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
SH-201... now im a tad bit dissappointed, im sorry to say but theres more gear than you can find at sweetwater. Massive and lots of NI stuff arent that great but they do give you a shitload of presets that get you started right away. The moogs are nice but have you ever heard a memory moog or moog source? Virus Ti, SE stuff, etc the lot, leaving aside the obvious picks for motifs, fantoms and tritons...ever played with jd800/jd990 ?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ya I played on all the tritons and motifs and I was not impressed. Ya the Virus is great! BTW I am a real tweaky synth guy, I dive in to the oscillators and filters and create my own stuff. Thats why I like the 201 its real easy to tweak. Screw presets. You dont think Massive rocks? interesting. I am also sad that I have never got my hands on the JD800 or 990, I would love to. I will play every synth I can get my hands on however.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
i've tried massive of course, but i got better sounds out of zeta. If i disable massive's fx there isnt much left than a basic synth plug alike a lot of em out there, second, imo, i dont find massive that intuitive (and even most plugins opposed to real synth handling). In the way i like to do non- 4 to the floor tracks is basicaly play/improvise keys and modulate at the same time instead of automating aprogrammed sequence. What bugs me in this is when i use a controller with vsti there's a certain response lacking you'd find with a real synth, even a sh-201 (i actualy still prefer a sh-101 lol) and it aint midi lag/latency but simply because analogues and machine language is still a lot faster than a cpu.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ya, I am with you on that. You really need a midi controller just to work the plugin. That makes a huge difference. It sucks to use a mouse if you have a bunch of parameters you want to change at once. I have a couple dedicated midi controllers just for using plugins I hope to get kore soon. That should help as well.

members online