Apples, And oranges.. But why Reason over FL?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I have used both reason and FL extensivly, in fact I am soon to be reason certified. So I am taking reason classes, it was not until this week that I really started to see the full power of reason. There are things I can do in reason that I cant on FL. I like both but I find myself using reason most of the time now. Also VST's are great but I have never looked for a sound that I could not do in reason out of the box, so its all good.

T

The Bastard

i look at fl studio like a mpc on roids x 100, bang yur drums out , record live from yur turntable, chop and filter yur samples. i look at reason like one of those laser gun toys from the 80s, if u hit a button yur gunna hear sumthing annoying

O

open mind

i look at fl studio like a mpc on roids x 100, bang yur drums out , record live from yur turntable, chop and filter yur samples. i look at reason like one of those laser gun toys from the 80s, if u hit a button yur gunna hear sumthing annoying

lmfao.thats the best description i ever heard.:clap:

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
im sorry but anyone who thinks FL is a better program than reason is an idiot !

you may be more comfortable with FL and thats kewl but reason is a much much better program, if you cant find the piano roll you obviously dnt kno how to use it so, do some reading up on it and work everything out before u dismiss it !

O

open mind

anyone who thinks FL is better is an idiot !

really? uuhm who is the idiot the one that uses the prog with more features and easier/faster interface or the one that use software that emulates hardware by a fake eye candy interface that has less features?

if i want hardware i use hardware and not a look-a-like.if i want software i use fl studio simple as that.

my last words to this reason/flstudio war.

i dont give a shit u got yours i got mine! haha.the man behind the tools makes the DIFFERENCE.

peace and game over.INSERT COIN!

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
lol virtually all music software is an emulation of hardware including FL !
if you think reason has less features then you need to look into it more, if you want to use FL studio thats fine lots of people make good stuff with it but that doesnt make it better than anything else
exactly the man behind the tools does make a difference i couldnt have said it better myself
just judging by your 1500 posts in less than a year i been behind those tools more than you lately !

peace. game over and all that

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
other topic same bullshit...

canitbemilked.jpg

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
OMG I CANT ACTUALLY BELIEVE PEEPS THINK FL IS BETTER THAN REASON!!!

have you guys seen reason 4!!! nothing, i mean NOTHING touches that shit

but

HARDWARE WINS ALWAYS!!!! in a live arena that is

HAHA

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
lol, some analogue stuff is amazing isnt it. Thus far i can only see one limit to hardware, in regards to mathematics in the analogue and digital domain with real time monitoring being a prime ingredient to the product. Some things cant be done analogue because the result would mean a certain latency or even the inability of real time monitoring, things like audio restoration demands a good deal of that. On other parts its just about how to make gear more in reach for future customers, something that stands or falls with the algorhytmic implentation on DSPs and commercial adaption. And whats left to talk about for what concerns the analogue subject ? Theres just vintage synths and signal processing left which cost a shitload for the perfect sound which comes down to pro users and studio owners...which is about 5% of us (i gues its even less). But that stuff is the shiznit and us cheeky hiphop cats ride the bandwagon like our lives depend on it (dont make me bring out the clichés lol), so whatever cats are using, you need it. 1176 by behringer, uad or whatever emulation, its all good "cuz i sure as hell not laying down that money if i got the plug". Bad thing about this consensus is that nobody even knows what real one sounds like. Like you said ( and i mean no pun here ) -"That being said I was playing on the minimoog voyager yesterday and it was amazing"-. It just says something about how far you are in defining quality and flexibility because you're probably also in a budget trade off (in combo with keeping up to par with a certain hype). IMO, im still not really impressed with todays emulation techniques because most emulations are fairly easy to create but why is the logic tape delay plug still the best sounding out there?(next solution to not having that tape delay is re-201 lol). In regards to emulated moogs(or a CS80), im sorry but i dont think most cats ever heard a real one except from a recording so what does that say about an emulations besides sounding good? Then you have VA clones like superwave P8 vs JP8000, Albino vs Virus, they just dont make sense, the keys versions sound better because the converters in there opposed to the converters from your soundcard (being rich in diversity instead all sounding the same because it goes through one and the same converter from your soundcard). Eventualy it comes down to lack of interest, where such quality is overruled by the practicle side of the user being money and making a decision where the trade off is, imo i'd rather have less, just the good stuff and the rest is skills.

on topic; i cant compare reason with fl, reason is a convenient oversized plugin which by most users is still in need of a host platform where fl is already a full fledged platform that eats all formats. What bugs me most about reason (besides that you need to rewire it in order to work stuff out) is the crappy mixer with the 2 band eq...

and that fl sounds crap argument...its soooo FL2.54 and even then you're noob.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
"HARDWARE WINS ALWAYS"

Man no way. I can get my hands on about any hardware/software piece you can think of. and I would pick software 9 times out of 10.

not trying to get dragged in this convo but it seems like your always coming to softwares defnese... Seems like you almost have a naploean complex about hardware ...lol

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"Seems like you almost have a naploean complex about hardware"

lol, thats a good point. But I must say I just went through most of the synths at sweetwater (and they have a ton we can play with) and I only found 2 that I thought sounded any where close to what plugins like massive or any of the NI stuff can do. one was the roland SH-201 and I would say its CLOSE to what a softsynth can do. And of course the Moog hardware is just awesome, and I mean really awesome. Like take out a 4k loan to get the voyager and the little phatty awesome. But other than that I would say the soft synths just blow away most hardware synths. Just as Gigastudio/Kontak blow away old akai or emu samplers. With softsynths there is just more horsepower to work with.

members online