Administrator
illest o.g.
Whaaaaaat? https://fire.akaipro.com/

This looks interesting!

akai-fire-top-intro.jpg

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Wow... incredible stuff right there! Much more compelling than the X and Live, in my opinion - about time someone came out with a real life step sequencer controller - pretty sure this is the first such controller.

By the way, the FL Fruity Fire Edition included is just the same as the regular Fruity Edition, but you unlock it by connecting the Fire to your PC.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The thing is, I think it's great that Akai is making this for FL. But - like the Push, it seems they're more concerned with step sequencing and stuff like that rather than a traditional 16-pad setup. I've always wanted something simple with 16 pads that would work with most DAWs. There's some out there like the Akai MPD line but the latest ones apparently have "ghost notes" which sucks.

But for this controller, I'd like to see someone make a beat from scratch in FL Studio.

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
I'm gonna buy it. Think i'm not gonna use it as a Step Sequencer though since i sequence all my drums in the Piano Roll with FPC.

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
I like the step sequencer, not gonna lie... although I think a hardware controller for a step sequencer is just a cash grab for Akai. I see no logical reason for this, but that's just me...

On another note, I use both my MPC 1000 and my Roland XP-60 as MIDI controllers for FL & Reason. Banging pads in FL just opens up new realms of the universe.

GhostChamberz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 128
I started out on the MPC 2000 XL which i am considering re-purchasing mostly for the sound and the fact that its 100% standalone.
Then i went over to the Maschine Studio, sold it got the Maschine MK3.
Great hardware but not standalone and the software is trash still to this date.

So i sold the MK3 also. I borrowed an MPC 1000 last week and been playing with that, but im not sure. My main concern is workflow with having to track out the stems for mixing which seems counter productive to me these days.

Considered MPC Live but i heard it still doesnt really have realtime timestretch in this day and age.
Done some research with MPC Studio and MPD controllers but it seems Ableton Push 2 seems to be the way to go for me.
Not sure yet.

I have FL Studio 20 but never really used it. Mainly use Ableton 10. I would really like to get some nice pads to bang on though.
The pads on the Arturia Keylab 61 is trash. I really miss the pads on the 2000XL still.