A Serious Poll!!!

• warzone (apr 26-27) signup begins in...

WHAT YEAR DID YOU START "REALLY" LISTENING TO HIP HOP? (DON'T FRONT)

• 1980 - 1983

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • 1984 - 1986

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 1987 - 1989

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • 1990 - 1993

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 1994 - 1996

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1997 - 1999

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • 2000 - 2003

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LESS THAN A YEAR (2003)

• NEVER REALLY WAS A FAN, BUT FRONTED LIKE I WAS TO BE "COOL"!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
i bought the sway & tech album this or that. it had dilated , j5, old school shit, guru feat. inspectah deck, and a bunch of others. from that i started looking for what wasnt always the most popular thing. then i copped the mos def solo joint and it was on ever since that. my eyes were opened. this was all around 99.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I had Run DMC's first joint.(self named title) Classic album,,Greatest group ever!!! I saw them perform about 5 years ago. It was the sickest perormance ever!!!!!! RIP JMJ!!!!!!! I miss you man!!!! If it wasn't for JMJ, I probably never would of started DJayin and never be into production as much!!!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I was hearin hiphop as young as 89' but - - i never really started buyin my own tapes till around 90/92.....I remember buying "ZHIGGE", and "PETE ROCK and CL SMOOTH - 'MECCA AND THA SOUL BROTHER'......That shit was ill as fook!

Steeze....

Oh yeah!.....Kool Mo was ill as hell, as well as Big Daddy Kane - I almost fogot those two were some real shit to me back then.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
iM AN 85'ER iM ONLY 18, BUT iVE BEEN LiSTENiN TO MUSiC SINCE i WAS DAMN NEAR BoRN, i BoGHT "BLACKMooNS" ENTA DA STAGE WHEN i WAS ABOUT 7 OR 8, AND i COPPED LiQUiD SWoRDS AND "THE iNFAMoUS" WiTHiN WEEKS oF EACH oTHER.
i WAS ALWAYS A HIP-HOP HEAD, BUYiNG MiXTAPES AND SHiT AT YoUNG AGES.90-96 WAS A BETTER TiME TO BE YoUNG AND TO CoME UP WiT HiP-HoP ESPECiALLY iN NEW YoRK.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The first rap record i listen two and befcame a hip hop fan was P.E. "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back" man i loved that cd..i use to scratch on my fathers record player with that record i love the part they gave terminator x his break down if you scratch on the part he was you would think you was a pro.

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i was at the birth of hiphop, when the sugar hill gang blew up the airways with rappers delight, and which was actually 1979.

i have a question for all yall.

what was the name of the song/band that actually released the very first rap song, before hiphop itself was born?????

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I been listenin since i was like 3 years old cause i had an older brother that was into run dmc and cook herc and flava flay and public enemy and them and alota older cousins that even listened to house music so i always had an ear for the music. lol i remember when we used to tape record interviews and songs off of hot 97 after school, got a collection here somewhere

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Originally posted by K.O.
lol i remember when we used to tape record interviews and songs off of hot 97 after school, got a collection here somewhere

DAMN ME TOO, i USED TO HATE HAViNG TO GO TO SCHOOL WHEN MY FAVORiTE ARTiST WoULD BE oN iN THE MoRNiNG SHoW, i WoULD TRY TO DELAY LEAViNG FoR AS LoNG AS PoSSIBLE AND THEN iD HiT RECoRD AND LiSTEN To THE TAPE WHEN i GoT HoME.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
lol damn someof yall were listenin to hip hop before I wsa born lol. But I was like 6 or 7 when I first started listenin I didnt really get into it and start writing until after I picked up my first Pac cd.

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i would say i was listening since the late 80's, early 90's..i was born in 82. one thing i remember very vividly was Dr. Dre, Ain't Nothin but a G Thang and Dre Day, i remember when that came out as if it was yesterday, i was about 9 or 10 then, i loved those songs, still do!

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
The first song I memorized was Radio...LL Cool J...1985. Then there was stuff like Kool Moe Dee and Fat Boys but I don't really count those years. I pretty much listened to everything around with a good melody. I am more around 87 - 89. My first tape I owned was The Diabolical Biz Markie. Then I was hard into Das EFX, Special Ed, D.O.C., EMPD, etc...

I see no one had taken a stab at Nas's question. I'm curious....what was it...Sugar Hill?

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
I was born into hip-hop. My first real memories of hip-hop are shit like the rapping duke, dougie fresh and slick rick "the show". Going to the skating rink in the early 80's wit my older cousins( they mad cuz my momma made them take me) and everybody jammin off of Planet Rock in the rink. When I was bout in the 1st or 2nd grade I remember ridin the school bus and everbody rappin the lyrics to Lodi Dodi all the way to school. Huhhhh I miss those days. But the first album i can actually say i listened to and really started forming my hip-hop mentallity is none other than one of the greatest of all time hands down.....
BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY B.D.P.!!!!

FRESH FOR 88' YOU SUCKAS!!!!

Attachments

• bdp.jpg
    bdp.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 202
E

Equality 7-2521

the first Hiphop song i ever sat down and listened to (of which i can remember the name) was DITC - Thick

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I can't even remember the first hip hop song I heard but I was definitly an earl music head The age where I remember remebering is 4 so I would have to say 80-83

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I had the first record of everybody you can name, my most memorable was the Fat Boys, where they on the cover with the cheeseburger.

members online