A good problem...but still a problem

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
In the back of the second issue (I think) of Wax Poetics there's a build your own record shelves article. It gives you step by step instructions to build these little cubes and how much wood you need to buy. I never built them cause my records don't take up much space but they looked pretty cool.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I am also an IKEA hater! LOL! I don't know why women love that place so much. My girl drags me there often because they built a new one really close to where we live. I have never found anything of use in that place. I have to limp around that joint on crutches! Picture that! Pure torture! LOL!Anyway; I have records all over the place. On shelves, in crates, cardboard boxes, and in the basement. Sometimes I have to make that trip downstairs to find some ish. I feel ya Holmzini. I normally stack them by year though. Even over here the good crates are becoming hard to find. I don't know what to tell you Class because from the pictures it seems that space is also an issue. Whatever you decide on though; if it's shelves make sure that it comes with the metal shelf supports. I had some with my first shelves that were made from plastic. Well, you can imagine what happened. LOL!
ONE

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
do you got any actual facts to back up your statement Formant?

Paul_Caruso

ill o.g.
Yo, the Ikea Expedit is the record owners dream!!! I've just got a cheap wooden shelving unit like this one
0000003149270_su1_1_x.jpg
but mine is only 1x4.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/41968.stm

Shit happened some time ago, and after the accusations became global news, IKEA threw themselves in anti child labour programs to prove other wise (hence it being a deathblow for such a company). Nowadays they work with unicef, greenpeace and name em in order to kill the bad rep.

and offcourse I can back stuff up, you accuse me of talking shit ?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Shit, that's a profitting non tax payer. He should get forced financial education hehehe.

But the point is, that kid in the US aint dealing stuff for peanuts. Those kids overthere make you feel comfortable at home cheap leasure for 5 bucks a months working long hours... I understand labour is neccesary and money too, kids do paperrounds in western countries but there never exploited or treated like slaves.

Read No Logo, open up your perspective.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
That is a different story, sorry I didn't completely have a grasp on the concept.

members online