WHat is Common's Religion?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
http://comp.uark.edu/~tsweden/5per.html

I knew a lot of rappers are part of the 5 Percent Nation, but I didn't realise quite how afro-centric the religion is. Anyway since when did someone's religion affect wether or not you should like them...Musically or otherwise - That's just ridiculous. Go kick that girl in the face or something.

Lots of interesting stuff on the 5 Percent Nation. I'm really not sure how it is related to Islam, as pretty much all the views/beliefs seem to contradict the Qur'an, and what orthadox Muslims would believe.

Interpretation of Nas' lyrics on that site seem to suggest he's a Muslim too.

T

The Bastard

Lex said:
http://comp.uark.edu/~tsweden/5per.html

I knew a lot of rappers are part of the 5 Percent Nation, but I didn't realise quite how afro-centric the religion is. Anyway since when did someone's religion affect wether or not you should like them...Musically or otherwise - That's just ridiculous. Go kick that girl in the face or something.

Lots of interesting stuff on the 5 Percent Nation. I'm really not sure how it is related to Islam, as pretty much all the views/beliefs seem to contradict the Qur'an, and what orthadox Muslims would believe.

Interpretation of Nas' lyrics on that site seem to suggest he's a Muslim too.
ACCORDIN TO THAT SITE. IM WHAT A FIVE PERCENTER WOULD CALL A (WHITE DEVIL,CAVE DWELLER,SNAKE,SKUNK) INTERESTING..

T

The Bastard

but i was thinkin about this. muslims believe jesus was a prophet,they dont look at him the same way a chrisitan would which is as a savior but they believe he was godsent,,so maybe its not that weird that a muslim would worship christ. i know ghost is a five percenter and he rocks huge ass golden jesus medallions

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
StressWon said:
SIKE! lol, remember "SIKE"? ,,,,,,,,I'm old!
Lol, damn. I just realized my age now Stress. FUK U!!!!

SIKE!

But don't forget about "Oh snap!", "Oh dip!" and other classics!

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Religion is hella funny. Especially racist ones.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
BASTARD said:
but i was thinkin about this. muslims believe jesus was a prophet,they dont look at him the same way a chrisitan would which is as a savior but they believe he was godsent,,so maybe its not that weird that a muslim would worship christ. i know ghost is a five percenter and he rocks huge ass golden jesus medallions

...hmm, well as far as I can tell the 5 Perecnt Nation should have nothing to do with Islam since one of its most fundamental principles [that God is NOT one supreme being] is what is known as 'shirk' [putting another object or being on the same level as God or saying that he is not the one and only creator of the universe] which is the worst sin one can commit.

Ah, religon has to be respected - but sometimes I just find it hard to believe people need a religion to quide them. After all the basic principles of all religions are the same...it shouldn't even matter if you believe in a God or not.

Just respect eachother and other people views.

What am I on about?. Peace.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^^^^^ Good call. I do believe you need a solid philosophy to live by though, whether it comes from religion or your own mind. I personally believe that though there is good in religion, it has caused and continues to cause massive death and destruction to human life. I believe that all religion was invented by the human mind, to explain that which couldn't be explained, to put fear in people to keep them from doing bad things, and to give people hope that life does not just end when you die. Also, living conditions were so shitty back then that people had to believe that somewhere there was a paradise, since it couldn't be found on earth. Technology and science has disproven a lot of that by showing that the world is knowable and humans can achieve happiness on earth.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
o-a-ksavage said:
Technology and science has disproven a lot of that by showing that the world is knowable and humans can achieve happiness on earth.

what has science and technology disproven, excactly?

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
what has science and technology disproven, excactly?

I don't know if disproven was the right word. What I was saying was that when religion was started, there was a huge belief that the world was unknowable, so people used faith and mysticism as a way of gaining what they thought was knowledge. Science has proven that the world is knowable, and much of what has been discovered goes against much of what was believed by many of these religions. The second point was that people lived in such horrible conditions, that there was basically no hope in an enjoyable life on earth, so people relied in the afterlife as hope for paradise. Technology has made life much more confortable and enjoyable, proving that you can find happiness on earth. Hopefully I have not offended anybody.

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
I agree

Dysphuncktional said:
who fucking cares man? why should his beliefs affect anyones listening experience in any way? its wack. people are people man no matter what their beliefs are, you have good and bad seeds in every batch, get what im sayin?

I agree all the way....I told her the same thing... Music is universal...and It's not like Common is pushing his religion on anybody in the first place. I use to listen to Jedi Mind Tricks...and even though I stopped, it wasen't because I didn't agree wiht there beliefs, to me they were just to....umm.....I don't know what to call it....I guess they talked about war and bloodbaths a little too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online