Swine flu

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i did not read the whole thread but...
anyone remember bird flu? i dont. cmon people its the 21st century, we have A N T I biotics.
this is just another panic campaign to make people watch more news in between of commercial breaks and sell some useless meds.

Antibiotics have virtually no effect on viruses, and that's what the Swine flu is (H1N1 virus) .... viruses and bacteria are two different things. Antibiotics fail to treat viruses like the flu and misusing them has contributed to antibiotic resistance. Bacterial infections that were once easily cured by antibiotics have become resistant to treatment.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Antibiotics have virtually no effect on viruses, and that's what the Swine flu is (H1N1 virus) .... viruses and bacteria are two different things. Antibiotics fail to treat viruses like the flu and misusing them has contributed to antibiotic resistance. Bacterial infections that were once easily cured by antibiotics have become resistant to treatment.

Co sig.

If people only listened and took ALL the antibio it wouldn't be so hard to fight against infections.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Latest update from my work:

SWINE FLU UPDATE

1. The Chief Justice's staff and N.C. Administrative Office of the Courts
(NCAOC) staff continue to monitor the situation closely. We will provide
updates as needed, perhaps not every day, but certainly of major developments.

The NCAOC is developing a list of Frequently Asked Questions that will be
placed on the court Intranet site at
https://cis1.nccourts.org/intranet/SignOn.jsp
<https://owa.nccourts.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://cis1.nccourts.org/in
tranet/SignOn.jsp> .

Also, we have set up an email address to which you can send questions. So we
can keep up with the volume, please use this only for matters relating to the
current flu / "COOP" (Continuity of Operations) situation. The email address is
CourtCOOP@nccourts.org.

2. Dr. Richard E. Besser, the acting director of the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention, said Wednesday that there were now 91 confirmed cases
in 10 states. More than half of them - 51 - were in New York, with 16 in Texas
and 14 in California. There have been five hospitalizations, including that of
the Mexican toddler who ultimately died. (Source: New York Times, Wed., April
29)

Tests on 15 people in North Carolina suspected of having swine flu were
negative. More than 50 samples were being tested Wednesday. (Source: WRAL-TV,
1:00 p.m., Wed., April 29)

However, these numbers, and other information about the flu, are constantly
changing. For official information, visit these websites:

- National Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
www.cdc.gov/flu/swine <http://www.cdc.gov/flu/swine
<https://owa.nccourts.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.cdc.gov/flu/swine
> >

- World Health Organization
www.who.int

3. North Carolina state health officials have issued over a dozen isolation
orders related to the flu outbreak, though none of those orders have impacted
court operations. As we communicated earlier in the week, no specific action or
change in operation by the court system is indicated at this time, but please
sty alert for developments in the days ahead.

4. To help prevent the spread of the flu (any flu), health officials suggest
proper hygiene and consideration for others. For example, cover your nose and
mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze; throw the tissue in the trash
after you use it; avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. If you get flu
symptoms, stay home from work and consult a health professional. For further
details visit the CDC website (abovementioned) or the N.C. Public Health site:
www.ncpanflu.gov <http://www.ncpanflu.gov/> .

5. For information about your courthouse emergency plan, contact your
Pandemic Continuity of Operations Plan (P-COOP) leader. Each county has
developed and should have updated its P-COOP. If you have questions about
these plans or need assistance, please contact Susan F. Owens,
sfo@sc.state.nc.us.

Sharon Gladwell
Communications Director
Administrative Office of the Courts
N.C. Judicial Department
919 890-1394 o
919 609-4506 c

SWINE FLU UPDATE

1. The Chief Justice's staff and N.C. Administrative Office of the Courts (NCAOC) staff continue to monitor the situation closely. We will provide updates as needed, perhaps not every day, but certainly of major developments.

The NCAOC is developing a list of Frequently Asked Questions that will be placed on the court Intranet site at
https://cis1.nccourts.org/intranet/SignOn.jsp.

Also, we have set up an email address to which you can send questions. So we can keep up with the volume, please use this only for matters relating to the current flu / "COOP" (Continuity of Operations) situation. The email address is CourtCOOP@nccourts.org.

2. Dr. Richard E. Besser, the acting director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Wednesday that there were now 91 confirmed cases in 10 states. More than half of them - 51 - were in New York, with 16 in Texas and 14 in California. There have been five hospitalizations, including that of the Mexican toddler who ultimately died. (Source: New York Times, Wed., April 29)

Tests on 15 people in North Carolina suspected of having swine flu were negative. More than 50 samples were being tested Wednesday. (Source: WRAL-TV, 1:00 p.m., Wed., April 29)

However, these numbers, and other information about the flu, are constantly changing. For official information, visit these websites:

- National Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
www.cdc.gov/flu/swine <http://www.cdc.gov/flu/swine>

- World Health Organization
www.who.int

3. North Carolina state health officials have issued over a dozen isolation orders related to the flu outbreak, though none of those orders have impacted court operations. As we communicated earlier in the week, no specific action or change in operation by the court system is indicated at this time, but please sty alert for developments in the days ahead.

4. To help prevent the spread of the flu (any flu), health officials suggest proper hygiene and consideration for others. For example, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze; throw the tissue in the trash after you use it; avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. If you get flu symptoms, stay home from work and consult a health professional. For further details visit the CDC website (abovementioned) or the N.C. Public Health site: www.ncpanflu.gov.

5. For information about your courthouse emergency plan, contact your Pandemic Continuity of Operations Plan (P-COOP) leader. Each county has developed and should have updated its P-COOP. If you have questions about these plans or need assistance, please contact Susan F. Owens, sfo@sc.state.nc.us.

Sharon Gladwell
Communications Director
Administrative Office of the Courts

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
It made it to Florida...Gotta love it..

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I work in a hospital and youd be amazed how much DOCTORS and NURSES DONT WASH THEIR HANDS. I Had a realative who went in the Hospital (John's Hopkins Bayview) with no problems other than geting shot and he ended up with MRSA which is another Bacteria infection which theres no cure for.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I'm getting more and more concerned everyday.

Anyone else freaked out?

This is funnie and I dont meen in a comical way. I'm not on no conspiracy theory bullshit but FEMA IS about to take over. right now it's only a Public "Health" emergency but pay attention, when it becomes a National "State of Emegency" shits gonna hit the fan. This is nothing but the common "Flu" just a different name. Dont shit in im bowl and call it chocolate ice cream CDC.

Edit

"What should I do to keep from getting the flu?" and others are answered at the http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/ website. CDC recommends, first and most important: wash your hands. Try to stay in good general health. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food. Try not to touch surfaces that may be contaminated with the flu virus. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
i'm back...lulz who cares?

as far as the swine flu, can't remember the new name, not fearing but i can overstand the initial shock from the health organizations due to who died from the start, those between 18-40, which usually are less vulnerable.

however, the media handled it in their typical alarmist breaking news way, by trying to scare people to death with flashy sensationalism. back when sars was the new black, they depicted my city like everybody was wearing masks and shit when in truth only health care workers were wearing them, and only after some got it. it scared away tourism big time (and did for several years after) but the people here weren't all that scared, people were coughing up a storm on crowded subway cars and no one freaked out or bothered to notice, normal everyday shit. it's up here but no fatalities

the name change won't take, it's too late, pigs have been slaughtered in egypt, north american pork products are being banned, so this attempt to save that business from huge losses is futile, so they should just concentrate on improving the chances of survival in mexico where relatively healthy people are dying, which imo is more of a case of the health care provided (not including the initial cases).

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
the swine flu is just another tool of the american government to monger fear.

to keep everyone subservient, and working towards the ultimate "goal" (fascism).

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
pffft there are like 10 cases in my great nation

and they're in ontario (blah) and quebec (fuck quebec, no offense to anyone on here)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
pffft there are like 10 cases in my great nation

and they're in ontario (blah) and quebec (fuck quebec, no offense to anyone on here)

You better be careful...

Fade will murder you.

And P-Gyal will assist him.

members online