Swine flu

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
...... and furthermore, let me add: Prosciutto, pancetta, capocollo, kielbasa, smoked ribs, jamon, pate de campagne, kranski, salami, saucisson, jagerwurst, mortadella, BBQ Ribs, ham hocks, trotters, kaiserfleisch, speck, knackwurst, andouille, soppressata, porketta, thuringer, chorizo, coppa. landjager, lard, guanciale, pate grandmere, fromage de tete, lap chuong; mmmmmmmmm

You made my mouth water.

If we have to sacrifice some people for this gift from above, I say it's worth it. Just let them not include me.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Just got this from our work email...

basic information regarding the swine flu

1) A swine flu outbreak started in Mexico and has spread, modestly so
far. Forty cases have been identified in the United States as of this
morning, none in North Carolina among people or animals.

2) No specific action or change in operation by the court system is
indicated at this time, but please stay alert and aware.

3) The Chief Justice's staff and several staff members of the N.C.
Administrative Office of the Courts are closely monitoring the
situation. The Chief Justice's staff is in daily communication with N.C.
Division of Public Health. We will keep the court community fully
informed. Our monitoring of the situation includes participation in
daily conference call briefings being conducted by the state health
office for representatives from all state agencies and local health
officials. Therefore, if and when any measures are necessary, those that
the Chief Justice directs will be in coordination with state and
national information, priorities and advice.

4) For more information about swine flu and personal care, visit
www.cdc.gov/swineflu/ or www.ncpanflu.gov.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gov at work there eh??

149 casualties due to swine flue, all in the age 14 to 21...

Thats a strange age bracket? Rings alarm bells for me.
Its not like they are your usual "weak" immune systems that usually affect the very young and elderly.
But Im sure Ive heard of older people dying, but then I havent really paid it too much attention.
To be honest its killed a couple hundred people, but out of how many billions?
Its hardly a world pandemic till its killing a lot more people IMO.
Doesnt anyone else find it strange that we have a yearly global pandemic to worry about.
Before it would take hundreds of years and very poor hygeine conditions in the past to cause such serious disease outbreaks. But here we are in the 21st century, with an annual pandemic.
And who profits from a global pandemic? surprise surprise, its the pharmaceutical companies.
Call me cynical, but I smell something isnt right here.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
its a pandemic because there is no cure on this version of the h1n1 strain. Those who get yearly flu vaccines based on the current version will not be immune to swine influenza so it has the potential to be a pandemic. I was also surprised to see the ages of the current victims but from what i heard, Mexico confirmed the outbreak on the 11th of april already and acted rather slow upon it. Cancerpatients who will become infected risk the chance of dying due to pneumonia, which is increases the potential amount of victims.

Also, of course;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_H1N1_flu_outbreak

its a pandemic because there is no cure on this version of the h1n1 strain. Those who get yearly flu vaccines based on the current version will not be immune to swine influenza so it has the potential to be a pandemic. I was also surprised to see the ages of the current victims but from what i heard, Mexico confirmed the outbreak on the 11th of april already and acted rather slow upon it. Cancerpatients who will become infected risk the chance of dying due to pneumonia, which is increases the potential amount of victims.

Also, of course;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_H1N1_flu_outbreak

But yet the pharmaceutical industry still profits from selling flu vaccines to those that have no idea that it will have no effect.
Like last years h1n2 strain, people went out buying Tamiflu that had no effect on that strain.
I read in the paper today that they have loads of drugs to fight it, but lack masks.
They have loads of expensive drugs, but they dont have cheap masks.

Im still not going to get alarmed until the casualties reach home.
I think Ill try and be the optimist for a change.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
yeah i read that aswell, the vaccine hardly worked last year...i wonder how that goes when considering how a virus mutates each year...

Latest victims...festivals during this summer may get canceled depending on how the pandemic situation evolves but the promoters have already put the word out.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Kind of like west nile, now so many people in the midwest have it and don't know it. My friend who is an ER nurse told me its like %70 of the population of Nebraska has west nile. People get sick for a day, think it is the flu and are now immune. Just another non issue for the lemmings. like Y2K.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but this seems to be the "hot" topic everywhere, especially my job(a pharmacy/drugstore)

I came up with a little conspiracy theory...
*in cartman voice*
Barack Obama is a suspected Muslim= Fact
Muslims Do Not eat pork= Fact
The Swine Flu occured 4 months AFTER Obama was elected president=Fact
there are 4 letters in the word PORK= Fact
The United States have been trying to find an answer to "border control" problem= Fact
The Catholic religion is largely comprised of Mexicans=Fact

The facts don't lie gentlemen, this can mean one thing and one thing only...
Obama, has come up with an ultimate scheme to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, by not only ridding the U.S. of any "could be" immigrants and Mexicans already here, but will also shame the name of the Swine industry world wide....
Therefore pushing the Muslim faith upon millions against their own will.
Thus resulting in a catastrophic Armageddon like war between Mexico and the U.S.
thus thus resulting in the U.S. ridding the world of Mexicans who in fact are the worlds leading Catholics....who do Muslims hate as much as Christians? That is right, Catholics.....let it marinate......

***Disclaimer: I in no way believe Barack Obama is a Muslim, or that he is in a scheme or is acting with scheme like behavior therefor. Everything written this post is fictional, and any similarities to a real scheme is purely coincidental.***

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^^^ LMAO, very good!!!

One thing that we should think of before everyone panics is that 36,000 people a year die from the regular flu, so if you wanna freak, freak on that..
Ill get scared when we approach that number within a few months or something related to mexican pig flu.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but this seems to be the "hot" topic everywhere, especially my job(a pharmacy/drugstore)

I came up with a little conspiracy theory...
*in cartman voice*
Barack Obama is a suspected Muslim= Fact
Muslims Do Not eat pork= Fact
The Swine Flu occured 4 months AFTER Obama was elected president=Fact
there are 4 letters in the word PORK= Fact
The United States have been trying to find an answer to "border control" problem= Fact
The Catholic religion is largely comprised of Mexicans=Fact

The facts don't lie gentlemen, this can mean one thing and one thing only...
Obama, has come up with an ultimate scheme to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, by not only ridding the U.S. of any "could be" immigrants and Mexicans already here, but will also shame the name of the Swine industry world wide....
Therefore pushing the Muslim faith upon millions against their own will.
Thus resulting in a catastrophic Armageddon like war between Mexico and the U.S.
thus thus resulting in the U.S. ridding the world of Mexicans who in fact are the worlds leading Catholics....who do Muslims hate as much as Christians? That is right, Catholics.....let it marinate......

***Disclaimer: I in no way believe Barack Obama is a Muslim, or that he is in a scheme or is acting with scheme like behavior therefor. Everything written this post is fictional, and any similarities to a real scheme is purely coincidental.***

lmao, the facts dont lie.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i did not read the whole thread but...
anyone remember bird flu? i dont. cmon people its the 21st century, we have A N T I biotics.
this is just another panic campaign to make people watch more news in between of commercial breaks and sell some useless meds.

and muslims most propably do not eat swine, because swine were unfavorable to breed in the deserts around medina in the 6th century. it needs lots of water and kitchen waste before you get out some decent burgers.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
... you dont get it from eating pork, how does anyone think you get it by eating pork ? Its a virus that mutated from a pig's disease which normaly is not harmful to humans but now has mutated with h1n1 strain...even a pig that's gonna cough at ya wont give you pig flu. The pig flu mutated by the help of flies . A human that's ill from swine flu coughin at ya means yes, that contagious...I dont need a yearly vaccine, but i know loads of people who do really need them and like said before, if they catch it than it could be ugly for them.

No habla but...
http://www.infobae.com/contenidos/445262-101275-0-Edgar-el-niño-que-fue-el-primer-infectado

they found the kid that started it all