Is Dr. Dre a phony?

E

Equality 7-2521

dre is aiight at making beats.

hes also rediculously overrated.

as for the ghost writing thing im not really sure. if cats make his beats then thats wack but if what Big D said is true then thats aiight. unless he just loops the shit which his live musicians play. that would be wack.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I would love to be able to have some cats come and interpolate melodies so I can resample it....thats basically what they do....or even in some cases completely change the key and progression into a similiar riff enough to be considered original.....I would have loved to be in the studio when he's making some tracks to see what he does though....I heard Chucky Thompson say he did a lot of that on some of the Biggie and Faith tracks from back in the day.....he actually plays the keys and the bass so he would listen to a track that was actually dope but in order to get around the sample issue he would restructure or change something about the chord and still have something that was not an interpolation in the sense or a violation of some existing song....in all of the years as a producer I wouldn't doubt maybe he might have jacked something but isn't that what sample based hip hop beats are about...hahaha anyhow I can't say anything bad about Dre, I never would have thought he would be around this long or anyone else I bet....notice how a lot of old school producers faded out....and really there is not a real reason for creativity to die except if you run out of ideas.....

ill o.g.
Ive seen a couple interviews one with snoop when he first did nuthin but a g thang and he was blowin up. And another one with 50 Cent right after his album dropped.
They both were talkin about how Dre can hear every thing you say, and how you say it. And how he's a real coach when it comes to gettin everything done right the first time.

I believe that too. But look at how long he's been doin this. Probably doin it as a kid. Then N.W.A. Then Death Row. The Chronic. Snoop Dogg. Chronic 2001. Up In Smoke. Eminem. 50 Cent. a whole lot more.

I think some people are thinkin that his tracks sound too good to be all done by him. Well look at how long he's been doin it, and all his experience. Think what you want.

One last thing:
I heard Mel-Man made most of the beats for Chronic 2001. Dre, just said: "Well, switch this part around", "Make that part longer", and all that. You look at it like,"Oh, thats easy, anybody can do that"
But not jus anybody can do it that good.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
If you wanna know what dr.dre produced, look at the back of the album and read the credits for the songs.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
What about what mel-man said about him taking credit for everyone elses production? And dont forget him and Pac was beefin because Pac thought he was lazy. I dont know cant deny that the Chronic was the shit though

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
Good producing, he's made alot of good choices and was one of the few pioneers of rap as we know it.

No hatin, all congratulatin

Quick is (IMHO) one of the worlds best producers and was slept on way too much. wrong company I suppose.

members online