I'm Not Trying To Hate But ...... Baby Bash?

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
http://babybash.com/

Man, I can't believe that this guy is getting as far as he is. Universal is pulling another Nelly with this guy. There taking someone who doesn't have much talent and making him a pop star by putting about 3 million in promotion and payola. I already know what people are going to say the usual whoopty whop ... "Its a different sound" just how they did with Nelly. But its all bullshit. Its politics and the muscle that universal has that makes stars, not talent. There's more artists then fans out there in Hip Hop now. its so hard for people to make it but why is it always the people that don't have much talent that get brakes and not the real talented motha fuckas? Baby Bash has Granny Goose Rhymes ... its Cornball Rap. If you think I'm hating then ignore this thread and don't hate on me for my opinion just keep it moving but if you agree then I would like to hear your opinions on this lame fuck.

Attachments

• babybash.jpg
    babybash.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 212
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
:laugh: :lol:
Baby Bash? :headscrat
"Baby Bash does not consider himself a rapper. “I’m more of a spitter,” he offers. “I might rap, I might sing, I might make some funny noises. I don’t try to freestyle (spontaneous rhyming) and battle everybody. I just try to make something that’ll stick to the ribs.” :evil:

StraDivaRius

So determined....
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 94
I dunno man, of course he has Universal pushing him hard but this guy is pop music na mean thats what pop artists are, they are a product pushed really reall hard. I actually like some of his stuff but i dont consider him hip-hop.....I mean lyric wise he can't be spittin knowledge because hes going out there for the mass.... the mass dont get knowledge when its given to them!!!! Just like jay-z said I had to dumb down my lyrics for my audience and i got criticize for it!!!!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
call it what you want... dudes a joke. i dont even lose sleep of cats like this....... thats like mac 10 "i'm not an mc; i'm a rapper" but worse- "i'm not a rapper- i'm a spitter". what the hell is a spitter? thats the most retarded thing i have heard from someone in hip hop.. outside of kanye wes tsaying that dying would have "messed up his whole mental state" or something obscenely stupid like that....

but i feel you mad.... thats frustrating when they invest in something like this while we got cats here who are more talented and driven but will likely never get that type of promo...

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
just watch ... with Universal behind him he might pull a Nelly on us and go triple platinum. All they have to do is force feed him enough and everone will feed into his crappy ass music. I just hope that one of ya'll won't be one of them

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
hahahah glad it hasnt come thru to europe at least lucky me hasnt heard anything of that fool..

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
No doubt I was prettty impressed with that suga, suga joint - but when i heard that cat perform live on tv at regis and kelly show, oh my goodness it was a shame - he just cant flow period. And that Frankie J, take him outta da studio and it wont be pretty i tell ya - they're just products, risk factors of business, the bad thing is we gon' have to just live with it..........

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Its somethin about a "sweet honey bun" that makes me hungry for some crispy cream doghnuts (how tha fuck do you spell that anyway?)though.LOL.......Naw really though, that part makes me want to smack that fool!, but what ever ya know?

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Well,...I guess ya'll gon' just have to call me stupid and kick me in the ass because,I like his style and I really like the song ''suga,suga''.
I went brought his cd.

Peace

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Originally posted by MadScientist
just watch ... with Universal behind him he might pull a Nelly on us and go triple platinum. All they have to do is force feed him enough and everone will feed into his crappy ass music. I just hope that one of ya'll won't be one of them

You know thats Baby Beesh from Potna Duece and Latino Velvet right. When he was in Vallejo they must have sold like 100 copies hah. Lets see how he does after leavin the bay.

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
that suga suga is hot. The hook "you got me lifted shifted high then ceiling........Suga how you get so fly" Is stuck in my head and I can get it out. He is definately more pop then hiphop, but dawn that hook is the shit and is stuck in my head.....DAMN!! I am singing it again. Its horrible guys I just went and got the Acapella for it haha what is next buy it (yeah right). but seriously this guy has some talent for getting the people knowing his stuff, but that probably has a lot to do with the promo and marketing. But I just heard it on the radio and that is all the promo you really need with that hook

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by MadScientist
http://babybash.com/

why is it always the people that don't have much talent that get brakes and not the real talented motha fuckas?

I can answer this question it is all about charisma and having a marketable person. example you think they signed brittany cause she can sing (haha can we say AUTO TUNE). Plus A&R select based on trends and many talented artist don't fit the trends so they are Sh*t out of luck. Would you invest lots of money in something that statstically won't make you any money? of course not...

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Exactly, pushing units is what this is all about, it ain't about talent the industry is pressed because of all of the indie's taking dollars away so they will do anything to make dollars and appeal to either the hardcore thugs...or ya girl, I mean sometimes producers miss the point, a producer usually doesn't make the call on who gets on or signed and once again the tracks are not the deciding factor when it comes to getting airplay.......LOL and once again ya'll hatin on something that ain't real either, he is a marketing strategy, they are targeting the young panties for their money and tour dollars oh and you know you gonna have to pay for your girls ticket when he comes thru ya town, all I can say is if you got the heat go find the right talent and push units in your area, maybe you can change the game with the right artist but imma tell you finding the right artist that has drive and is motivated is the hard part, I just finished up 8 tracks on a local artist's full length LP....and the label dumped 10 g's into his local promotion and tour, got all of the cd's pressed up and this mothafugga doesn't show up for a gig....what tha fugg......so if you can find an artist that even gets to this point and market and push units thats a good thing from the business standpoint.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Originally posted by BruceWayne
they play that song like 20 times down here in Houston
so yea they got me
suga how you get sooooooo fly lol
So true, my homegirl can be in the car runnin her mouth as soon as that song comes on the radio all jibba jabba must cese or she'll get ethnic on ya ass and they play it like all the damn time so I guess they got me too.....suga suga how'd you get so fly:dance:

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Originally posted by bigdmakintrax
LOL and once again ya'll hatin on something that ain't real either, he is a marketing strategy, they are targeting the young panties for their money and tour dollars oh and you know you gonna have to pay for your girls ticket when he comes thru ya town.
lol...so true:yes:

O

o.Prime

I think what Universal did was go out and buy that new program thats supposed to tell you about the star quality and potential of a certain act. It takes some one (BabyBash) and runs all the information they have on him and the program lumps him in a catagory of other known acts that have made it. Must have been in there with Lil BowWow and Little Romeo.

members online