Allow me to re-introduce...Eminem.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Play this before or after royce doin both the BBB and Over beats and theres no comparison. Royce aint been on Ems level since good bad and evil. I'd think it was bs if I wasnt tired of the same tried and true raps over tried and true beats too, but... you know whatever.

I've been looking for some next level ish. Something that'll STIMULATE a new level of lyrical entertainment. You can have an opinion tho, no matter is its wrong.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Play this before or after royce doin both the BBB and Over beats and theres no comparison. Royce aint been on Ems level since good bad and evil. I'd think it was bs if I wasnt tired of the same tried and true raps over tried and true beats too, but... you know whatever.

I've been looking for some next level ish. Something that'll STIMULATE a new level of lyrical entertainment. You can have an opinion tho, no matter is its wrong.

okay let me reiterate: That "freestyle" is the best thing i've heard eminem do in years... Eminem used to be cold as fuck, he went wack. Find me a new eminem track that's not garbage. I consider a good mc someone who has consistency. This guy blew up cuz he WAS cold, n fell off (even if he still is pushin mainstream songs, any real hiphop head will tell you he sold out, and definately lost his touch.) His rap is comedy, and his singing is crossin the line of emo. Bein from detroit only gets you so far. Dres beats can only get you so far. Shady is done.
garbage

garbage

garbage

garbage

garbage
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK-Lw5q2MJM"]YouTube- Eminem - Insane (Relapse *NEW ALBUM*)[/ame]
garbage
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK4SGuuoM-k"]YouTube- Eminem-Hello (Relapse 2009)[/ame]

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Eh, maybe, but I liked beautiful tho so, I respect him trying to sing to. It was passable. Theres no excuse for Curtain Call but there was a rhyme and reason for the last one. It was a fuckin movie, If I was the label owner I'dve got it turned into one too. It sounded like addiction, the lowest point in your life, ect but The problem was MOST of Hip Hop wasnt mentally prepared to go there (Especially after these last few years). It didnt help that wasnt executed in a great way.

BUT, If its so bad... show me better!! show me someone as polished lyrically, Has a unique voice, brings the same energy, and can make you laugh with things they say?... Dont worry, I'll wait.

2infamouz

ill o.g.
Eh, maybe, but I liked beautiful tho so, I respect him trying to sing to. It was passable. Theres no excuse for Curtain Call but there was a rhyme and reason for the last one. It was a fuckin movie, If I was the label owner I'dve got it turned into one too. It sounded like addiction, the lowest point in your life, ect but The problem was MOST of Hip Hop wasnt mentally prepared to go there (Especially after these last few years). It didnt help that wasnt executed in a great way.

BUT, If its so bad... show me better!! show me someone as polished lyrically, Has a unique voice, brings the same energy, and can make you laugh with things they say?... Dont worry, I'll wait.

papoose goes hard n some of his lines make me laugh (more of a sinister kinda humor, but i guess if em is ur man that's where its at)

wait for papoose' verse that shit is insane

this whole track is on another level.

not his best, but the riffs represent w/ the beat.

this shit is impressive

one of the hardest tracks i've ever heard

don't get me started on cassidy lol...If u tryna laugh and still hear good rhyme scheme n word play go research cass, this guy is the truth (im sure u've all heard this before but this wont be the last time.)

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Pap is dope but not quite there. Cassidy is dope undeniably, and consistently. I'm desensitized to all the proven punchline rhyme schemes tho. Like... I can predict their rhymes, I know what to expect when I hear'em ya kno? It could be a rapper thing.

I dont know what to expect when I hear Em spit. I cant predict his next rhyme, his next flow rhythm, Its like I'm hearing rap for the first time again. I respect that immensely!! Especially knowing I've studied people like Pac, B.i.g., Pun, L, Cassidy etc. religiously already. Long story short, That freestyle was next level in terms of the culture of Spittin, for me at least.

2infamouz

ill o.g.
yeah i definately kno what u mean, most rappers are predictable ems kind of spontaneous and unique 4sure.

i don't think pharoahe is the best but

pharoahe monch >>>>>>>>>>> em

so em the best ever? nope, not even close.

but hey, everybody is entitled to their opinion

even if they're dead wrong

I agree with this here, I think Pharoahe is better than Em.
I honestly dont think Em is the greatest, half his collection is pop music aimed at teenagers. Em was hot when Dre was doing the beats. Without Dre on the beats Em just aint as good.

Dumbfoundead.

Pac is overrated. He definitely had a huge influence in Hip Hop but lyrically he don't crack my top ten. No disrespect to him...just my opinion.

I cosign this, I was never a fan of tupac in the first place, so for me to suddenly become a fan after his death would just be hypocritical.
Back when being a gay rapper wasnt cool, there was the whole Sodomy thing with Tupac, after that I wouldnt give him the time of day. He to me was just another mainstream rapper like Nas or Jay Z or Biggie. I never really was a fan of mainstream rap.
Thats just my opinion. I really cannot name a greatest, there are too many to choose from, and for different reasons.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Great writer+great rapper=average emcee ....dog that equation is all wrong

Pac wrote some of hip hop's most incredible records during what you refer to as his "thug image"...I gotta add that is pretty off base though, do you remeber his first album? The tracks, the cover....you mean to tell me pac wasnt portraying a "thug" image off rip? Be for real.

Back to the records though, dude would insert scathing social commentary into party records...Something krs and public enemy used to do well. Fuck it though your bias is obvious, just wanted to make those points for everyone reading.

How is my equation wrong? I think you need to know that there is a difference between being a rapper and being an emcee. Pac was a rapper. A good one at that. In the early 90's pac said himself that he was going with the gangsta image to make dough. MTV interview. I'll look for it on youtube. and I'm stating my opinion. And whenever there is a thread or "real life" convo bout the best of ANYTHING there will always be bias. Thats life. I'm not saying you're wrong nor am I saying your right. It's an opinion. And if we must stay to the topic at hand. em proved(not that he had too) he's still one of the greats and he can pretty much shit on whoever he wants.

How is my equation wrong? I think you need to know that there is a difference between being a rapper and being an emcee. Pac was a rapper. A good one at that. In the early 90's pac said himself that he was going with the gangsta image to make dough. MTV interview. I'll look for it on youtube. and I'm stating my opinion. And whenever there is a thread or "real life" convo bout the best of ANYTHING there will always be bias. Thats life. I'm not saying you're wrong nor am I saying your right. It's an opinion. And if we must stay to the topic at hand. em proved(not that he had too) he's still one of the greats and he can pretty much shit on whoever he wants.

I try not to draw a distinction between rappers and emcees, to me they are the same thing.
Its just some are good story tellers, some are good battlers, some are just shit altogether. Some have unique voices, or unique flows. Some are good at being commercial, some are good at doing underground material.
I just define them...Good rappers/emcees or bad rappers/emcees.
I think trying to seperate rappers from emcees causes confusion amongst the kids and they are getting hip hop culture a bit mixed up as a result.
I know since KRS made a statement trying to seperate the 2, to make himself standout as more than just a rapper, the whole thing has gotten confused.
I dont think that distinction needed to be made, KRS was a teacher, as well as a rapper, he had become more than just a rapper, but that was evident in his music, it didnt need a statement seperating rappers from emcees, they are the same thing by definition. But this is all a bit off topic.
I hope Em just drops the crazy image and going at pop stars, and gets back to doing what he is very capable of doing, which is flipping a crazy script, and this freestyle is a step in the right direction at least. But for me its gonna take a lot more to redeem himself from the pop image he has become.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
@2Good do you listen to any comercial rap? I dont say pop rap because todays music "expanded" that definition for me.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I will never understand how Tupac isnt brought up more when forum heads talk greatest of all time...I think its the tremendous boner some dudes get for multis

I get a lot of heat for my opinion on Tupac not being the greatest and my reasoning is this: For you to be considered the Illest/Greatest/Nicest MC of all time, you had to dominate your era.

Tupac Shakur wasn't widely regarded as the nicest MC when he was alive and active in music. A lot of his appeal was media driven, he was a controversy magnet and his appeal was magnified after he died.

Excellent song-writer/poet and has one of the deepest discographies, but I can't put him above a lot of guys that call themselves MCs.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I get a lot of heat for my opinion on Tupac not being the greatest and my reasoning is this: For you to be considered the Illest/Greatest/Nicest MC of all time, you had to dominate your era.

Tupac Shakur wasn't widely regarded as the nicest MC when he was alive and active in music. A lot of his appeal was media driven, he was a controversy magnet and his appeal was magnified after he died.

Excellent song-writer/poet and has one of the deepest discographies, but I can't put him above a lot of guys that call themselves MCs.

Well put! couldn't agree with you more.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68

PAC had things on lock on the West, but I feel u.

members online