Your favorite vsti(s)

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I just got my hands on two very nice VST instruments... made a couple of beats with them... And they sound so nice! I dont know if it's the same for others, but when I do a beat, sometimes, I have the idea in my head even before I start working, but then sometimes, the sound of the instruments just inspire me to do a beat... and that's what happened with those...

I'm talking about the Albinos2 and the Vanguard... Both have a very rich sound.

Albino is... how to say... a must, the best of software synthesis, a bearing point. Not only its sonic potential is huge but its expressivity goes much more above average. It's arpeggiator leaves far behind most others, the oscillators (4!) are amazingly rich, the filters will make you regret to have invested in a Virus, and its effects are of excellent quality.

As for the Vanguard... the sounds it can produce are close to some hardware synths, and in the right hands it certainly does seem this way. (BTW... that aint me saying this...)

Just because of those I'm on a Vsti hunt... so are there others that you guys like/ recommend / love... I gotta find other.

Of course, if the just happen to be free... that's even better!!!!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Word, the vanguard is a JP8000 clone. I'm diggin the Albino 2, it's great, sounds crazy rich and comes close to the Virus ( I rock the B, having the knobs is just way better), plus the analogue ouput gives it more energy, also no latency drop outs. But if you fancy those kinda VA plugs, check out RGC Zeta+, Korg Legacy Collection ( especialy the Legacy Cell ), Linplug RMIV drumsynth.

ill o.g.
Triangle II man. That shit is free too, and its mad wicked, especially for basslines. You want that gritty dirty sound, turn on the decimator. Triangle I is also dope (and free), Synth 1 is also a hot synth, thats also free.

For non free, i gotta say Reaktor, although its not by definition just a vsti, you can use it as one. You can build your own damn synth in it hehehehe.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
A lil description of those Vsti's sound would be nice, guys... I dont wanna get something I dont like, even if you think it's the bomb....

What kind of sound should I expect from those? Are they free, affordable or expensive?

Pharaoh Lite

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I may be wrong but you can expect a lot of vintage poly sounds from the PRO53. It's probably more suited to making techno and house, although for hip hop, there are some leads and bass patches that are really worth playing around with if you've got the patience to EQ like a son of bitch.

I'd stay away from the pro52, its pretty much a pro53, but poorer sound quality...I could be wrong again, but with each newer version of a particular sequencing software, plug-in patches will be better quality. Check out www.steinberg.net - they're fairly reasonably priced.

Pharaoh Lite

Pharaoh Lite

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
For sure Nnxt I agree, thats's why I said if one wants to play around with the presets by EQ-ing and effecting them, there are literally a thousand new sounds to be made from just one patch. I always play around and try to change and create new and unique sounds, I never use straight presets. The 'damn' presets usually all sound a bit wack initially, thats why there are dials, knobs, switches and sliders to change the way a sound is heard in final recording :)

The A1 and Monologue soft synths that come with Cubase SX have got some pretty sweet sounds to process and effect.

Peace
Pharaoh Lite

Pharaoh Lite

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yah, we sure is, but effects and EQ is all related to synths, its totally relevant, you can't have one with out the other yeah?

Pharaoh Lite

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
valuewise i think aas's super analog is good. also tassman (pretty exy) and (not many good presets) the oddity and imposcar are good some nice ruff sounds

NORTH

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
What about SampleTank and the Edirol Orchestral stuff? Anyone using these? I can't get Edirol to work in LIVE, and still trying to track down some good sampletank material... I'm always on the look out for some new VST instruments. Anyone find good fretless basses, world instruments, guitars, etc?

-NORTH

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
NORTH said:
What about SampleTank and the Edirol Orchestral stuff? Anyone using these? I can't get Edirol to work in LIVE, and still trying to track down some good sampletank material... I'm always on the look out for some new VST instruments. Anyone find good fretless basses, world instruments, guitars, etc?

-NORTH

I can't get Edirol (I have Hyper Canvas) to work in Live either!

Ctrl

ill o.g.
NORTH said:
Not sure what is up with this Triangle II piece of shit... I downloaded it twice and installed it twice from URL below, and the bastard installs a few help files, midi, and presets.. with NO actual EXE, or VST??

http://www.rgcaudio.com/triangle_II.htm

-NORTH

just because something doesnt work for you right away doesnt mean its a piece of shit.

Is there a .dll somewhere? did it copy a .dll to the dir you specified? you need to copy that dll to your vstplugin directory.

you can also try downloading it from here
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/203.html

peace

members online