You want to know why Kanye is so successful? He understands this truth!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
yeah but thats settling, Kanye isnt getting rich from his production, I doubt that anyone buys his ish because of his beats. Kanye is a great mainstream rapper, and thats because the mainstream doesn't know what rap is...lol.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dac you sound like an old man bro...like "back in my day old" lol...hip hop is hip hop...puffy, eazy, dre, kanye, louis logic, tek n steele, lil wayne, bun b...they all do the same thing.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
l am an old man! 59yrs old but lm still with it. lm not going to quit until l turn 80. Nahhhh but seriously, I did witness the birth of hip hop, been with it every since.

@Lou - Hip hop is a lifestyle before anything else, including music and life is a constantly changing cycle. As for the music, it's still called hip hop but these days, rnb is called hip hop too. We would have gotten pop music but Kanye fugged that up at the awards!....hahaha!

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
IMO Kanye is a great producer. Only thing is he doesn't "always" make boom ban hip hop. He makes good music. Some things he do is different but its still good. In terms of his lyrics...... He has his moments. Not too much I heard from him that I didn't like or appreciate on a musical level. Well the 808 and heartbreaks want my cup of tea but I see the art in it. Im one of the biggest Hip Hop nazis out there. I couldn't even tell you the tittle to a Lil wayne or Woka Floka song lol. But Kanye has his own lane and constantly stays in it. About his personality, I dont really care what he doing in the public eye. I dont know him never hang out with him or anything like that so I dont care how he acts. As long as hes "NOT" on some crazy gay shit or pushing bullshit in his music we are good.

ItsBrandNew

ill o.g.
late registration was one of the first c.d.s i ever spent money on. i liked him more than most, until he sold his soul to the devil

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
His music just isn't the same to me...his first few albums were dope, his latest album even has you all questioning if it's hip hop or not. It's not, it's hip pop! Thats the only reason it went Platinum imo.