You usually won't see me begging

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I am looking for that perfect snare sample.....some of you know what I am talking about....it is almost the same pitch as a rimshot........but its more like a real average everyday snare that has had its pitch adjusted high and it has relatively no decay or fx....you hear this sample on a lot of good hip hop beats.....I have sort of recreated this snare....by mixing a high pitched snare with a rimshotty....I was wondering is someone has a snare like this.....oh and it usually doesn't come on a keyboard, it might come with the fantom drum expansion though......anyone know what I am talking about?.....also I have at least 10 different kits from various beat cd's and have yet to come across that kind of snare......sometimes you get a tinny or ringy sound when changing the pitch....so I thought there was someone that has had success as to which base sample works to start from to get that snappy snare.....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
bigd, i hear your cry, and sadly i am unable to answer...

because i have searched far and wide for that stupid snare (and a few others)

its basically an acoiustic sound, what it would sound like with the heads tightened on an actual snare drum, right? real sharp and crisp, right?

ill o.g.
I think i know what your talkin about. Try the E-Mu Mo-Phatt. I heard a demo. But If anybody has it, they maybe could e-mail you it.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Have u eer tried layering a open pedal hat over tha snare with a short and ending??....That shit kinda makes tha same sound....

Hey D, if u want i have a couple dope snares that are similar, but not specifically snappy...