You know the Science

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
I've wondered what this record is for years, since I first heard the Buck 65 song "You know the Science," can anyone help me out, I can't figure it out. I guess it is either the title or group name and it is something like Moc Indigo, Mok Indigo, Moke Indigo...
I transcribed the lyrics below:

"And all of those that like to dig for oldies, yo the hunt is on, I'm always down to make trades for shit with those in the know, I just found another copy of Mok Indigo, I'm on the steady lookout for dope breaks non-stop, all I had to pay was 50 cents in a pawn shop, and when it comes to being fat, the best kind of weight gain has to be seeing your name up on a freight-train, moving galleries of steel to show the giants, to the people all over the world, you know the science" -Buck 65

E

Equality 7-2521

yeah i got that buck 65 song on the man overboard album and i noticed he mentioned Moke Indigo. I dunno about the spelling or what the record is or anything but id did make a mental note to check it out some time since buck mentioned it especially it must be worth a listen.

hmmmmm

C

Copenhagen

It's cause he's sampled Jean-Jacques Perrey, who also produced 'E.V.A.', sampled by Gangstarr and House of Pain, amongst others. The song Buck has sampled from is called Mood Indigo, and the thing he has sampled is the Moog bassline. He uses the bassline in, I think it was, the track 'Research'.

That's if you ask me...;)

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Copenhagen said:
It's cause he's sampled Jean-Jacques Perrey, who also produced 'E.V.A.', sampled by Gangstarr and House of Pain, amongst others. The song Buck has sampled from is called Mood Indigo, and the thing he has sampled is the Moog bassline. He uses the bassline in, I think it was, the track 'Research'.

That's if you ask me...;)

Thanks you rule!!! Of course, I figured that he probably said Moog or Mood but it doesn't sound like that at all...
Maybe, I always look at it wrong but they should have that site the-breaks.com organized by what was sampled (as they do) and by who sampled it, which I don't see any sort of navigation for. I know you can search artists but it would be nice to be able to just browse that way. Beside that wasn't referenced on there and I've always wondered; so, thanks Cope!

C

Copenhagen

No problem UnOwn, I just hope my sources are as correct as I think they are...

members online