Wow, I think I'm burnt out

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Probably a long time coming, but it just hit me today. I think with all the stuff on ILL plus other stuff throughout my day, I'm done at this point. I just need some sort of break, but I just don't know.

I'm not saying I'm shutting down ILL, of course not, but I think I'm just at a point where it's like "what's next?".

It could also be the world we're living in right now, who knows. It just seems like the days go by so fast then I get tired and go to bed. It's kind of boring actually.

Anyway, just thought I'd vent. Anyone else feel burnout?

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
I get that way with beat making and mixing, but it doesn't last long. Prolly a half a day. I submitted over 200 beats to this major underground artist. He's recorded to 2 (one of which may not be released because of sample clearance issues) , chosen about 8 that are possibles, and rejected the rest. It can get monotonous and discouraging, but the key for me is to focus not so much on the present, but the end goal. This guy doesn't have to listen to any of my beats, much less respond to me directly, but he does both, regularly. That's a blessing. So I'm going to keep submitting beats to him until he tells me to stop.

For me another thing is balance. I can't go on super long stretches where I am only focused on producing to the detriment of other things. The key to my success rests in relative balance. An ideal day for me would start at 5:00 A.M. staring with prayer, Bible reading, meditation, visualization, exercise, and review of my to do list. It would consist of 45% music (producing,mixing,writing,practicing,reading,business affairs, tutorials,organizing),
30% family/home affairs, 20% sleep ,5% other .

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
you need to take a break and then start saying goodbye to some things in your life, not necessarily ILL though, lol. get into some new things and readjust. i also feel like media shortens my attention span. i rarely ever sit down with a book or just relax anymore. constantly feel the need to consume chunked information. i need a vacation away from computers or maybe one day a week without that stuff.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
man, i've been burnt out. just going through the motions. stopped beat making altogether. been mixing this mixtape for this dude i work with for like 3 months (it's only 9 songs). just not feeling it right now. i've been taking pictures of random shit, just to ease my mind a little bit.

i think i may just need a challenge...something that's going to make me use my brain. who knows.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You guys are all right. I was thinking of just at least taking a few days a week to do whatever like going somewhere random. Just step outside and go.

It's really fucked up today I find. For me, I've spent tons of time working on ILL, so other stuff is tough to tackle at times, but like you guys, I need some sort of challenge as well.

I'm not surprised that most people feel burnt out, the computer I'm typing this on has a lot to do with it! :mad:

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
You guys are all right. I was thinking of just at least taking a few days a week to do whatever like going somewhere random. Just step outside and go.

It's really fucked up today I find. For me, I've spent tons of time working on ILL, so other stuff is tough to tackle at times, but like you guys, I need some sort of challenge as well.

I'm not surprised that most people feel burnt out, the computer I'm typing this on has a lot to do with it! :mad:

You need a woman, a good woman LOL.... Being burned out is normal these days, its monday, I had the weekend off but it feels like I never left work. you need a change of scenery or find a specific time during the day to stop what your doing and not do shit.... like 8-10pm is fade time.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You need a woman, a good woman LOL.... Being burned out is normal these days, its monday, I had the weekend off but it feels like I never left work. you need a change of scenery or find a specific time during the day to stop what your doing and not do shit.... like 8-10pm is fade time.
You're right. I think a lot of it also the fact that every day it's the same grind, but then again that's life! I need to make a point of going somewhere every day or few days just to change things up.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I agree with you both! I think Fade needs a Super Slut to rock his world... I mean turn him completely out non-stop for about a week straight. Have him sucking his thumb.Then he'll be glad to get back to the norm. : )

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I agree with you both! I think Fade needs a Super Slut to rock his world... I mean turn him completely out non-stop for about a week straight. Have him sucking his thumb.Then he'll be glad to get back to the norm. : )
AHAHHA. Ya maybe that's the ultimate solution! I wouldn't mind that. I need hit up a bar. @Pug can be my wing man.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Picture+464.jpg

Catch ya there.

members online