Working with vocal tracks

Aminimity

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Anyone got any tricks on working with vocal tracks?

I like double tracking, compression, reverb, and eqing levels down all in cubase.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
What are you trying to achieve from it? I would say just play with effects (thats how i learned) that and watching other engineers record... Everyone has there own way of using effects and song arrangement, thats what's ill about it... Double tracking is important, ad some little ad-libs and pan them slighty to one side...

This will add more fullness and make it sound nice... A sterieo Delay is good sometimes too for say a hook that is too spaced out... What that will do is stretch everything over a little and make it sound more active... But you have to play with that to get it right... I know with Logic (thats what i use) you always have to make sure your tempo is set right when adding a delay cause otherwise it can get thrown off beat and it will sound terrible...

Exciters, are nice when you want something to stand out.... Pitch shift is cool too i use that sometimes when playing around... Ace and Archetecht just put me up on a noise gate which is AWESOME! That effect is prbably one of the best to me if your recording without a booth or in a busy area... It will kinda cut anything thats not within the performers range out... But tweak that gently, too much is horrible...

What program or effects plug-in do you use?

Aminimity

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Cubase, VST plugs that i mentioned earlier, I have fucked with noise gates before but had little result with them? you got mre words on that?

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Jsut learn to tweak them gently... Apply as much or as little as u need to make the noise's cut out... It'll really make a difference too man, trust me...

A

ACEBEATZ

Try the WavesDiamond Bundle . A complete package of wave plug-ins in DX works in cubase.

Ive used them all the time i did music and i would still use em if i wouldnt had bough a Powercore Firewire.

You got NICE gates with special applications and presets plus a lot of mastering and mixing effects for any purpose on earth.