WIP

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I started this instrumental out of boredom and my aim for any beat I start and finish is something “rappable” (depends) and backstory is I’m going for something Trap (I guess?) but atypical and the vibraphone is from the “King of FM” iOS (iPhone/iPad) synth app which is an emulation of the Yamaha DX and I love synths.

Last edited:

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5

I am not trap guy but I in my humble opinion the vibraphone is to loud and the clap is to quiet in the mix. Might add some hihats to give more rhythm to the beat. Also, I suggest at least at the end of the 4 bar loop you add in some changes like a snareroll or a few extra kicks or additional percussion.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Kane the MOD duplicated the Modern 808 kit then went into “edit” and separated the kick of the 1st 808 kit (it was kicks with a clap underneath) from the clap so 1st 808 kit is kicks alone and the 2nd Modern 808 kit is just clap alone and I upped the track volume on it. The vibraphone settings although the track volume is down, are currently at default compressor threshold -11.5 dB, ratio 25.1, attack 10.0 ms, gain -1.0dB, mix 0.0% until I play around with all of the above.

Not much to go on but at least its something. Dont even consider compression at this stage. You only have the one instrument, try adding more instruments, use the stereo field to play one instrument off of another. As well as considering the stereo field, also consider the frequency spectrum, you want things to sit in their correct frequency range, get us3d to using an eq. Make the beat longer and put drum fills at the end of each 8 bars for variation and to keep things interesting. Try those things and post back your progress.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

janebjensen

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 4
What @janebjensen do ya like about my instrum?
I like the harmony, but mostly I like that the drum programming isn't that conventional. As 2gooD Production says, the timing is a bit of, and eventually not meant to be (?). I like it when it's a bit of though :) I would try to do it a little bit less of, but not make it totally quantized. But that's just my taste!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Which @2GooD Productions instrums are off timing as it maybe the Grungy Horn and DX Vibe per “King of FM” or is it all my drums ‘cause I don’t quantize mine period.

Which @2GooD Productions instrums are off timing as it maybe the Grungy Horn and DX Vibe per “King of FM” or is it all my drums ‘cause I don’t quantize mine period.
I think its the DX Vibe, its a short plucky type of sound that goes off with the timing. I suspect you cut and pasted, and didnt notice that the timing had gone off. Always be careful when cutting and pasting to make sure the timing is correct. I still make this mistake on occasion, and usually find the problem pretty quickly.
Also I see each track you have set out as one long midi pattern. Try turning those large full length tracks into smaller, repeated chunks. They are much easier to work with when cutting and pasting, than cutting and pasting the actual midi notes inside the pattern, thats when timing mistakes are much more likely to happen.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @2GooD Productions usually copy and paste but I cut and pasted the DX Vibe but I quantized it and all my drums to 1/16 heavy, left Grungy Horn as is. I never cut and paste inside the pattern via edit function. I left Grungy Horn Hits as is and placed some hi hat drum fills at the end of Trap Door drums.

Last edited:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

members online