Windows 8

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I would think...considering the normal planning and thought process behind the development and introduction of a new Win OS, they would do a lot more than tack it on the front end...No?

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
They continue to make new versions without addressing the issues. I swear I will never invest in another microsoft product other than Xbox games. I wipe my ass with windows vista and to hell with 7, 8 looks nice but i wont buy it. I'm going over to apple f you windows. Aight i'm done ranting.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
It looks interesting, but I agree with DP, the Media Center was a huge failure in my eyes. It's far easier for me to navigate to a folder and just click on something if I want to listen to it.

I don't mind the front end aspect, but it has to have decent functionality to be actually useful and not just 'flashy'. Windows 8 looks interesting, and hopefully will improve upon functionality, and not just a flashy UI.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah... Vista was a disaster....7 is pretty decent....but as Formant stated.....

You disable all of that flashy shit when working on music....all that does is eat up your RAM.

If I set up this windows tower I have in the crib...I'll probably be running XP, again...lol. It just works for me.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
thats going to be the look of all microsoft product in the future. windows phone 7 already has that look. this fall the xbox update is going to switch to the new dashboard. guess what its going to look like. i love window 7. it just works with all my gear. just a little upgrade of the drivers and i was good. they must be coming out with a new slate to compete with the ipad.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I would think...considering the normal planning and thought process behind the development and introduction of a new Win OS, they would do a lot more than tack it on the front end...No?

Do you not remember Windows Vista?? That was like XP in the background with a whole bunch of garbage on top. I am interested to see what Windows 8 is like tho.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Do you not remember Windows Vista?? That was like XP in the background with a whole bunch of garbage on top. I am interested to see what Windows 8 is like tho.

its going to be win 7 with a bunch of garbage on top :)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259

Im not really sure what it is but I never had any major problems with any Windows OS, I went from 98 to ME to XP to Vista...now I have 7 and they all have been good to me. I think you guys get more in depth with it then I do plus I dont use that many Windows Extras, like instead of Windows Media, I use foobar, instead of using Live Mail or Outlook, I use gmail. Instead of Live Photo, I use Kodak...

Im having a blast with Win 7, whats supposed to be wrong with it?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I think windows 7 is better than XP. Theres improvements in places though I know the comps have upgraded since XP days, but its an overall better working experience. Vista was retarded lol (even for just cruising the net, it sucked).

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Windows 7 is a really good OS, however from my experience it eventually gets weighed down like all the previous versions and gets slow. It's still really good for audio/video work though.

I think it's still to early for Windows 8 because I don't see it as being really needed right now unless everyone wants touchscreen stuff. Let's face it, Windows 7 was needed at the time because lots of people still had XP which was getting super old, or Vista, which was really bad for lots of people.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I love my OSX. and to upgrade to Lion? $30....

I haven't upgraded, because I don't need my computer to resemble the iPhone. Lol.