Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
wow man. "Rascism still alive, they just hide it better"

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I know in the south its still alive and well. But since Obama was elected, seems like rascists dont care no more.

I bet the paint was still wet on that sign just last summer

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
To me, the funny thing about racism today is that a lot of racist people seem to think that just because they don't directly make comments or link racist things directly to you that it's acceptable. In general, I'll account the first "racist comment or allegation" to stupidity or ignorance but after that, I view it as straight racism.

I've also noticed that if you're not subjected to racism, you don't immediately recognize it (unless it's blatant), but if you've had to deal with racism all of your life, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Personally, I try to not say, do or post anything that will offend any ethnic group of people. To me, that's just racist. Even "laughing" at a racist statement is 'concurring' as far as I'm concerned. It's just stupid.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I think this is the least of Perry's worries..... He's proving that the Tea Party is NOT going to make much of an impact with Perry... The dude is not even close to ready to being president...

It didn't make much of a difference with Obama's association with Jeremiah Wright and Ayers and Rezco....

I will hate to admit this...but Obama will be voted again....not because of what he's done, but because people would vote for him for the sake of voting for him. Just going by what I've heard about why people voted for him made me convinced that people didn't give a shit about the issues, but rather voted for him because it was the popular thing to do.....

I personally don't really like Obama too much, but I didn't like McCain more. Not that it really matters...I do think the universal healthcare is ill-timed, during a time in our economy where we are fucked financially...... The fact that we continued to bail companies out has done nothing but devalue our dollar even more.

I will admit that greed did cause the economic collapse and although I'm not a fan of big government, the government should have stepped in and stopped this before it got worse...but of course....it's those who made the money are the ones that control the government.... There's a lot of people that made money on the seemingly global economic collapse.

Back to the subject..... They are making the excuse that he only LEASED it... Well shit....wouldn't you request it to be removed if you're going to be associated with it, regardless of ownership?

The fact is not whether or not he's racist....it's the fact that he wasn't conscious enough to think that it even mattered that he stayed at a place called "niggerhead". That is what concerns me more than the actual racist remark.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
racism is funny...lighten up...

Have you guys noticed the big comeback its made on the seth mcfarlane stuff and a bunch of other sitcoms? Its like watching tv in the early 80's.

I have no problem with what people say, its what they do that bothers me.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I say we have a national kick a racist in the nuts day.

racism is funny...lighten up...

Have you guys noticed the big comeback its made on the seth mcfarlane stuff and a bunch of other sitcoms? Its like watching tv in the early 80's.

I have no problem with what people say, its what they do that bothers me.

Yeah its not funny but yeah Seth even though Im a fan makes me go "WOW" at some of the things he says. Hell they even wow themselves on the shows at times.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Yeah I can, but when that shit is aimed at me or my people it aint funny. I can laugh at people in the mall that look at me and my girl like we have 3 heads. I dont laugh at the fuckers who str8 up told me they didnt have any houses for us to live in in their neighborhood and then immediately in our face turned around and told a white family they had some real nice properties for them to look at.
That shit aint funny, its not funny when store clerks follow my friends around a store either instead of trying to help them.
Its not funny when I see white parents grab they kids hand and pull them closer to them if they dont like the way a black person looks , that shit sends a subtle signal at an early age.
Fasho not funny when I see discrepencies in education and job opportunities.
Not funny when I get arrested for being the only white dude in a gruop of black folks down in SC.

It gets real deep , but yeah there are some things you have to laugh at or you will go nuts, I think Seth provides that humour

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont laugh at the fuckers who str8 up told me they didnt have any houses for us to live in in their neighborhood and then immediately in our face turned around and told a white family they had some real nice properties for them to look at.
That shit aint funny, its not funny when store clerks follow my friends around a store either instead of trying to help them.
Its not funny when I see white parents grab they kids hand and pull them closer to them if they dont like the way a black person looks , that shit sends a subtle signal at an early age.
Fasho not funny when I see discrepencies in education and job opportunities.
Not funny when I get arrested for being the only white dude in a gruop of black folks down in SC.

It gets real deep , but yeah there are some things you have to laugh at or you will go nuts, I think Seth provides that humour

Yeah see that stuff is peoples actions...and your right, that shit aint funny.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Im gonna try to explain this in a nutshell...racism is like the ultimate verbal assault on a persons feelings because you're not only offending that person, but you're attacking that persons entire heritage - which goes a lot deeper than the person themself. Everybody has something that is sacred to them, something that they hold deep in their heart...for oppressed people, it's usually their heritige. I'm saying, people gave their lives for something as simple as wanting to be equal, to have the same rights, to be able to live and be treated like any human would want to be treated. When a racist steps on that line, they have gone too far. They are not only talking about an individual but everything that individual stands for, what their relatives fought their entire lives for and what a lot even sacrificed their lives for whether it was justifiable or not. A racists knows that if they want to verbally hurt someone beyond their feelings, that's how you get it done and - an oppressed person knows that as well.

It's no laughing matter, it's a mockery of an entire race and believe it or not, some will still give their life for what they believe in. There's no humor in that at all.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
So none of the joke about patrice oniel on the charlie sheen roast were funny? They all affected you in a deep emotional way?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Bro, I didn't hear either...seriously, I've all but given up on TV (other than sports and movies). Just too damn biased for me. But I can't think of any humor coming out of anything racist - and thats for anybody, any race.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Stuff like when a comedian of race A makes a joke about well known stereotype of race b...the stereotype might not apply to ALL people of race b, but race b knows damn well they got more than a few cousins who fit the role...the audience is mixed between race A and B and the comic follows up his joke with a comic observation about how uncomfortable race A is laughing at the joke in the presence of race B...its pretty common in stand up and it ALWAYS makes me laugh.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah, even though I don't condone any racism personally, I think there's a difference between comedic racist jokes and REAL life racism. Jokes are designed to humor where as racism is designed to degrade. You're right, it is very common, I think the average person would go to a comedy show mentally prepared to hear whatever -vs- a known racist or even a total stranger making a racist gesture towards someone else. Like I said before, a person that doesn't have to deal with racism will be less sensitive to it overall, but a person that deals with it on a daily basis can almost sense it before it even happens.

For example, you're on a trip and your car breaks down in a little town out in the middle of nowhere. There are (visual) signs that an oppressed person uses to guide them - like simple names...there's 2 service stations in this town, 1 is a BP, the other is called German Joes. If I were Jewish, there's NO doubt which one I would go to. Even if the BP was a 1/2 mile down the road. Nothing racist has happened but common sense says not to go to German Joes...the name is wrong off the bat. German Joes could have just been bought by a Jewish person but it doesn't matter. My gut is telling me to walk my @$$ down to BP. BP could have just been bought out by some German Company that is known for its racism, that doesn't matter either...it's just the name BP -vs- GJ's. Ya feel?