Why was so many people bitchin!

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I picked up the latest scratch yesterday, and i can not understand why so many people was bitchin about it. who cares if em was on the cover, his interview was good and he seemed humble he wasn't acting like he was the best or nothing. I don't care who's on the cover this magazine is a blessing.

ps. Fade I saw the illmuzik advertisment.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yea that was a good mag, i'm mad that i missed the last one, but it was a good read, i kinda wished they went into more detail on equipment and production process, other than that i like all the articals and interview

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
that magazine is pretty hot..i read an issue about how the beatnuts produce..it wuz pretty intresting

T

The Bastard

Cuz When Sum1 Is On The Cover Of Sumthin. Thats Like Sayin Their The Main Event. What Goes On The Front Cover Of A Newspaper? The Most Important Shit Goin On Right

Anubis-Ra

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
In my opinion, Em being on the cover really didn't take away from the quality of the mag as a whole. It was still a good read altogether.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
What Goes on the Cover is the Main Event I dont Understand how Peoples Minds is Working Anyone got any Sense of Bizniz ? Obviously EM on the Cover =$$$ People who aint even into Production may Buy it Just Cuz he on the Cover thisAllows them to Keep the Magazine alive and well And Everyones Bellys Full .

And yea it was a Good Read It made me Realise half these guys Aint Shit like If they Are Chillin in there Car driving and Start Humming Something Out and Run To there Muscians and be Like play this for me Fuck I do that all day Some Shit I Can play out SOme Shit i cant .

But yea it made me Laugh When Em Said he got a Lil Recorder and when ever he thinks of a melody he just Records it into it then gets it played after Cuz I do the Same Shit .

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
BASTARD said:
Cuz When Sum1 Is On The Cover Of Sumthin. Thats Like Sayin Their The Main Event. What Goes On The Front Cover Of A Newspaper? The Most Important Shit Goin On Right

I understand what u are saying i don't think he's a great producer yet but,even though he's not the greatest producer when people see him they get interested and that can raise sells. And his interview was good imo.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Lol he's just a Mean old Bastard that dont like anything to Do with MnM

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Scratch is a fairly new magazine trying to get a broader fan base. And using EM was wise. They are trying to sell magazines

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I actually brought that was I was in NY...It wasn't a bad read, and I have to say I genuinely enjoyed reading the eminem interview, despite not really liking him, he had some interesting [like how he started working with Dre]...I was a little disappointed by the Madlib inteview though - it was good but should have been longer for such an interesting producer

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Ever heard of "You can't judge a book by it's cover" ??? or "Don't judge a book by it's cover" ??
That magazine is dope no matter who's on the cover. It's one of the few mags that keeps me interested enough to read the whole thing cover to cover!
ONE

T

The Bastard

CampO said:
Lol he's just a Mean old Bastard that dont like anything to Do with MnM
THAT AINT TRUE I LIKE MNMS IN MY ICECREAM . PUTTIN EMINEM ON THE COVER OF SCRATCH IS LIKE PUTTING TOM GORDON ON A WEATIES BOX. THERES JUST A MILLION OTHER CANDIDATES THAT DESERVE IT MORE . AND FUCK THE MAKIN MONEY ARGUMENT CUZ THERES WAYS TO MAKE MONEY WITOUT SELLIN OUT

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
he has had some good beats:

Lose Yourself, Patiently Waiting, Dont Push Me, Im Supposed To Die Tonight, Runnin', On Fire, Warrior Pt2, My Name (xzibit), We Aint (game), couple of others.

sAfE.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah, even if it wasn't a way to sell more magazines, why would you be butt hurt about him being on the cover? I don't see how people say he sucks as a producer. Like all producers that I've ever heard, some of his shit is tight and some is pretty weak. I would still say overall he's a good producer, and one who's very committed to putting out good music, so the magazine is definitely not selling out. No shit they're going to try to get the biggest name people on there, because that will interest the most people. The goal of a magazine is to interest the reader. It's still about production, and one of the top names in the business, so what the fuck is the problem?

T

The Bastard

o-a-ksavage said:
Yeah, even if it wasn't a way to sell more magazines, why would you be butt hurt about him being on the cover? I don't see how people say he sucks as a producer. Like all producers that I've ever heard, some of his shit is tight and some is pretty weak. I would still say overall he's a good producer, and one who's very committed to putting out good music, so the magazine is definitely not selling out. No shit they're going to try to get the biggest name people on there, because that will interest the most people. The goal of a magazine is to interest the reader. It's still about production, and one of the top names in the business, so what the fuck is the problem?
IF YUR GUNNA SIT THERE WIT A STRAIGHT FACE AND CALL EMINEM A PRODUCER THE SAME CATEGORY THAT CONTAINS PEOPLE LIKE 'PRIMO,MARLY MARL,THE RZA ,ALCHEMIST,RICK RUBIN ETC THATS FINE, I DONT AGREE BUT THATS YUR OPINION. BUT THE PROBLEM IS THERES ABOUT 79472742784627627673 OTHER PRODUCERS THAT DESERVE TO SHINE ON THE COVER OF THAT MAG BE4 EM, DOOD WAS ON THE COVER BEFORE RICK RUBIN. THAT MAKES ME WANNA GET A FUCKIN TEAR TATOOED ON MY CHEEK

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^^^Yes, but the magazine isn't there to teach history. Guys like Rick Rubin are no longer in their prime, and Eminem has been doing big things in the past few years. He produced the whole Tupac album, and whether you like his production or not, a project of that stature is big hip hop production news, and you can expect a production magazine to have a large story and possibly a cover page on the producer who did it.

e.porter

eyez all hazy...
ill o.g.
that's true, and don't forget whether you consider eminem a producer or not is besides the point. scratch is going to put on the cover someone who is going to propel their sales, end of story. "dj nobody" can produce a track right now and if it ends up on the charts for a couple weeks, someone is going to put him/her on the cover of a mag and call 'em the best in the game.

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
50 cal said:
I picked up the latest scratch yesterday, and i can not understand why so many people was bitchin about it. who cares if em was on the cover, his interview was good and he seemed humble he wasn't acting like he was the best or nothing. I don't care who's on the cover this magazine is a blessing.

ps. Fade I saw the illmuzik advertisment.

Everybodies favorite producer was wilin out I love his music but some of the things that come out of Mr' West mouth make you think about him as a person. Even though I know it was a commercial(Cell Phone Ludacris Game) I can see Kanye doing that to a MC

T

The Bastard

o-a-ksavage said:
^^^^^Yes, but the magazine isn't there to teach history. Guys like Rick Rubin are no longer in their prime, and Eminem has been doing big things in the past few years. He produced the whole Tupac album, and whether you like his production or not, a project of that stature is big hip hop production news, and you can expect a production magazine to have a large story and possibly a cover page on the producer who did it.
didnt you read what i wrote guy? i said compared to the the producers i mentioned eminems productions are non existant. a candle in the sun maybe.like john cena he cant see them.and its not just eminem im sure i said the same thing on here when lil john was on the cover for the second time.theres jus so much better out there thats been slept on enough and this magazine is supose be raw and all that.and you think its right cuz he was connected enough to get the production credits for the new tupac album?what about the people that produced the old tupacs albums?you know the ones tupac actually knew about. i like scratch im not subscribed but i pick it up when i get a chance and i enjoy reading it but thats kinda foul,and thats all im sayin is its jus kinda foul to me