Why no Live 6 Forum?

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Do any of you guys use the new version of live for beats? I've heard this thing is a beast but I don't see it mentioned all that much around here or on hip-hop forums in general, so is it not good for rap production in particular?

B

BeatSense

a few cats use it on here, but you're right. I was thinking the same thing, wondering if any cats use it or not, or if it just plain sucks. I'd be intrested to see what other members think.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ya we do need a live forum!

are u experienced with live? im curious in hearing about people who use it for hip hop production...from what i understand version 6 kind of made it a legit DAW whereas before it was more for live performance, but i'd be interested to hear what you think

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yes, I use it mainly for remix and arranging. I mainly rewire it in to reason.

cool. just downloaded the demo last week but its probably gonna be a minute before I have time to mess around with it...i gotta prioritize and learn a lot more about music first before I start jumping into this heavy software

that being said any logic tips you feel like dropping in the forum are always appreciated!

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i vote yes on the live forum.

the program is sweet for messing with samples and remixing stuff, because you can warp the timing of any sample in any way possible.

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use Live rewired to Reason>>>> 2 SEXY BITCHES!!! The rewire between the two is seamless..no drop outs, no glitches, no CPU hoggin...SMOOOOOTTHHH. Ive used Live since 4 and in my opinion..its been an excellent DAW all along. The interface takes a minute to get used to, because it looks so different from most DAW's but once you get used to that (about a days worth of work) YOU'LL BE IN LOVE. The global pitch adjusting is SICK...when you can go from 90 bpm to 60 bpm, ON THE FLY..and not have any artifacts..THATS AMAZING. So in a nutshell..i create in Reason, rewire to Live to Mix where i use the Waves SSL 4000 plugs...CANT GET ANY BETTER ...imo!!!

members online