Why is it so hard for rappers to stay out of prison?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I agree 100%, I think of all the hip hop, drill is the worst offender. Its literal gangsters winding up other gangs
Yeah . Well I know drill doesn't specifically have to be that variety , but a lot of it is calling out rivals/ops, stating a crime you will do or have done. And acting on it. There are "points" systems for kills and attacks too.

Even seen ones saying they're laughing at <killed member>'s mom crying. Or that they've spat on that dead persons mom. Etc.

Kids have to go tooled up to school. It's a joke.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't follow that whole Trap/Drill scene but I do remember Chief Keef years ago, probably the one to bring it to the forefront first. After that it was open season and everyone was involved in the scene, and like you said, it's just back and forth gang shit. They're literally telling everyone what they did through their lyrics. It must be such an easy job for cops and lawyers lol.

It must be such an easy job for cops and lawyers lol.

All Good Thumbs Up GIF by ABC Network

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@Iron Keys at times I wonder who nowadays are the people that need to do crime? I get how poverty breeds crime, etc. but it's like cosplay nowadays re: thugs

@Fade I always said that the "Black cool" image of a "rapper" back in the day gave way to the idea that rapping was "just talking over a beat" which explains why so many people's reaction to the music initially was "we/I/they don't get it." Couple that with the fact that unlike other genres you never heard a rap artist in an interview discuss their creative process. Re: old school rappers, some back in the day were financially supported by actual criminals but difference was the criminals played the background on some financial "silent partner" shit. Harry-O financing (and naming) Death Row was a good example of this.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Maaaaaaaybe, all this shit with Rappers going Thug Life is, because they initially thought: "Yooooo bruuuuh, ima make a banger and get rich, SHEEEEESH." but then realized that making music aint gonna make you rich and went like: "Fuck it, ima thug out this sucka".

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Re: algorithm @DPrezd Beggar don't forget these thugs who rap get boosts in plays via "bot farms."

@Fade re: everybody is a rapper you know things are depraved when you have a subgenre literally called "scam rap."

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Re: @Iron Keys dissing opps you forgot when drill cats be sayin' they are smokin' on (name of dead rival(s) e.g. Tooka pack, etc. and the worst example I've seen was some dumbass Drill rapper literally bangin' his girl on his dead opps grave site.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy