Why I love my MPC ...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i'm getting my 1000 sometime today UPS.

ColossusBeatfix: how is the midi keyboard involved in the mpc workflow? I think I remember Classic mentioning I could use reason instruments via midiKeyboard in the MPC. That could either be with only the 2000xl or i misunderstood him.

T

The Bastard

i love the fact i can throw it in a backpack, go to anyones house wit a mixer , hook it up and start bangin away, the swing , the sequencer

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
I got my mpc1000 two days ago and it is more than i was expecting. The quantize is amazing, if you hit the same note in a loop then it doesn't put two hits instead uses one. It's hard to see how software could possible outpreform the pads and the menus/options.. my next reading session will be to learn how to add effects on individual tracks, instead of the entire sequence. I've been making music since feb 2003 and have always had to wait till my motivation to make a beat outweigted the pain of using software.. This makes making music extremely fluid.. my next move will be to find a cheap 512mb or 2gb smart card

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
and the pads... i've never appreciated a wav as much as i do now. It's hard to believe that i've been using the same format in flstudio! I still have a lot to read so i can put my tracks in order to begin working on an entire song, instead of pressing 'track mute' and manually(on the fly) turning tracks on and off.

G

Guezzwho

I Just got my second MPC (an MPC4000, my first was a non-xl 2000)
worked with al the mpc's that are out (except the 1000)
can operate the 60,3000,2000 with my eyes closed
try that on a computer

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
I don't have a mpc.. But i can tell you that i'm inlove with my mv8k :)

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
Snuffdaddy said:
HA!

Wait for it... ;)

LOL.. yea i kno... but i did want a 4k tho.. And it was taking them to long to get them in stock in my area and they were gonna charge me out tha ass... So i took what i could get..

Snuffdaddy

ill o.g.
Fair enough. I know a few people that made the switch to the MV (from MPC) and they like it. Others went back to their MPCs. Just depends I guess. I've never had the chance to mess with one, but I'd like to.
Theres' been a lengthy drought of Akai gear in recent times. 4Ks & DPS24s were virtually impossible to get for quite some time until recently.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Snuffdaddy said:
Fair enough. I know a few people that made the switch to the MV (from MPC) and they like it. Others went back to their MPCs. Just depends I guess. I've never had the chance to mess with one, but I'd like to.
Theres' been a lengthy drought of Akai gear in recent times. 4Ks & DPS24s were virtually impossible to get for quite some time until recently.

sweetwater and zzounds has had all model MPCs for sale for years

not sure about the dps but they probably had that too unless it was discontinued or something

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
FistFulloDollaz said:
sweetwater and zzounds has had all model MPCs for sale for years

not sure about the dps but they probably had that too unless it was discontinued or something

Yea i was gonna order a 4k from zzounds or somthing.. But at the time that i was lookin it was gonna take them a while to ship. Plus, i don't like waiting on stuff when i order it... Yea i kno its sad.. lol. I guess that some gear is hard to find..

Snuffdaddy said:

Yea your right about the drought of Akai gear... Well its like that in my area.. You can go to Guitar Center and get a 1k or a 2k but thats about it.. Anything else they would have to order from another place..

drebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
The MPC is like an extention of your musical essence. What you feel the MP can manifest it.