Why do you like the music you like?

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
I just had to think about why i even like the music i do. Why do i like stuff like Hip-Hop so much? For me i came to the conclusion that its not the genre of the music but the purpose thats a decider. I fking love REAL and RAW depictions of the life itself, like music from ordinary for ordinary ppl, no stage, no cameras n shit just a group of Gs exchanging the newest gossip/hoodnews in the parking lot in lyrical form. And thats what i first learned about Hip-Hop, its a whole lifestyle and not just music, OGs were hoodbards back in the days.

Thats why i love the music i love, its just str8 muhfukkin G, bangin all day erryday, smokin trees and makin bitches raise dem babies single.

Jk but you get the point.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
I just had to think about why i even like the music i do. Why do i like stuff like Hip-Hop so much? For me i came to the conclusion that its not the genre of the music but the purpose thats a decider. I fking love REAL and RAW depictions of the life itself, like music from ordinary for ordinary ppl, no stage, no cameras n shit just a group of Gs exchanging the newest gossip/hoodnews in the parking lot in lyrical form. And thats what i first learned about Hip-Hop, its a whole lifestyle and not just music, OGs were hoodbards back in the days.

Thats why i love the music i love, its just str8 muhfukkin G, bangin all day erryday, smokin trees and makin bitches raise dem babies single.

Jk but you get the point.
Is this what Hip-Hop has become to you? If so, God help us all. To me, Hip-Hop is a language for the underrepresented to express what really goes on in the life of the artist. Like any art, it's a way to express which has been monetized. Rappers, in general, are really no more than orators similar to a preacher, just in another format of conversation with a beat to his rhymes. Telling stories like the old griots from back in the day. Spoken word has always been part of the black culture to pass down stories and history. To your point, it is a lifestyle art and typically that of the underrepresented which also to your point sometimes for those who are downtrodden, some have high or low morals and some glorify some of the irresponsible elements (which these days) people seem to be drawn to. B's and money is all that some are concerned with. At it's most basic animal instinct level, that is what life is about. In actuality, it is also, providing for family, leaving a legacy, procreating responsibly with civility and progressing. If nothing else, Hip-Hop needs to get back to its roots.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Fury Beats got into Hip Hop because I saw Rap as poetry's brasher relative. I do hate that the “lifestyle” promoted has been and is ignorance and debauchery personified but that’s what happens when you give folk that barely made it out of high school a so-called “platform.”

I know I liked Hip-Hop but didn’t “feel” Hip Hop music overall until the women entered this game and I ain’t been the same since. I grew up in the Latifah/Lyte/Yo-Yo era and that made me want to listen.

Last edited:

MR BOOMBAP

Battle Points: 11
Is this what Hip-Hop has become to you? If so, God help us all. To me, Hip-Hop is a language for the underrepresented to express what really goes on in the life of the artist. Like any art, it's a way to express which has been monetized. Rappers, in general, are really no more than orators similar to a preacher, just in another format of conversation with a beat to his rhymes. Telling stories like the old griots from back in the day. Spoken word has always been part of the black culture to pass down stories and history. To your point, it is a lifestyle art and typically that of the underrepresented which also to your point sometimes for those who are downtrodden, some have high or low morals and some glorify some of the irresponsible elements (which these days) people seem to be drawn to. B's and money is all that some are concerned with. At it's most basic animal instinct level, that is what life is about. In actuality, it is also, providing for family, leaving a legacy, procreating responsibly with civility and progressing. If nothing else, Hip-Hop needs to get back to its roots.
I like your take on that topic. if more people would understand things then we could have music to heal. Not just because it sounds good. I have been doing music all my life. MUSIC not just making beats or rapping i am an artist meaning i do music as a whole play instruments sing rap arrange score ect. and i love it because it is life. you take on the topic speaks and has meaning thank you.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
I @Fury Beats got into Hip Hop because I saw Rap as poetry brasher relative. I do hate that the “lifestyle” promoted has been and is ignorance and debauchery personified but that’s what happens when you give folk that barely made it out of high school a so-called “platform.”

I know I liked Hip-Hop but didn’t “feel” Hip Hop music overall until the women entered this game and I ain’t been the same since. I grew up in the Latifah/Lyte/Yo-Yo era and that made me want to listen.
I could have said: his/her..as artists/rappers are both sexes. I've enjoyed some women hip-hop artists too. My POV was from a patriarch stand point not to downplay the woman's contributions.