Why do people buy Apple products?

• beat this! voting starts in...

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
well when you are literally making a profit from slave labour, I suppose you will tell yourself all sorts of things to justify it.
I personally couldnt invest in a company that profits from slave labour, I have integrity and have lines I wont cross, which is why I dont have the money to work for me in the first place. I want to die on my deathbed knowing I never fucked anybody over for my own benefit, if I cannot say that on my deathbed then I failed at life. Thats the way I see it.
I would love to make loads of money and could if I wanted to fuck people over, but thats just not who I am. Im the guy that got fucked over one too many times. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"
My meager investment in Apple won't change a thing. #2 you already have given money to slave labor by buying an Asus product. That's more damaging then me owning some Apple stock. You HAVE SUPPORTED AND PAID FOR SLAVE LABOR. Again Apple goes out of its way to get rid of slave labor in their supply chains when they find it. Asus does no such thing. They are AWFUL. How am I fucking anyone over by buying stock in Microsoft or Apple? Dude, like it or not we live in a certain system and you have to play the game at least a little. Otherwise the man DOES keep you down.

My meager investment in Apple won't change a thing. #2 you already have given money to slave labor by buying an Asus product. That's more damaging then me owning some Apple stock. You HAVE SUPPORTED AND PAID FOR SLAVE LABOR. Again Apple goes out of its way to get rid of slave labor in their supply chains when they find it. Asus does no such thing. They are AWFUL. How am I fucking anyone over by buying stock in Microsoft or Apple? Dude, like it or not we live in a certain system and you have to play the game at least a little. Otherwise the man DOES keep you down.
me buying an asus or apple or any other product may be giving them money, monopolies have a funny way of generating lots of money and controlling who is able to buy what. But Im not profiting from the suffering of slaves, the value of my assets is in no way affected by the work of slaves. Microsoft and Apple are two of the worst companies on Earth, and you profit from both.
Microsoft and Apple are fucking people over every day, and as they profit from it, so do you. Your shares are a part ownership in the companies doing the evil for your profit.
Me buying a pair of Nikes and owning Nike shares and owning a share of the crimes are two completely different things.
One I pay for and it generates nothing and only depreciates with time.
The other you pay for, it generates profit from unscrupulous business practices which you get a cut of.
You are comparing Apples with Oranges.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
me buying an asus or apple or any other product may be giving them money, monopolies have a funny way of generating lots of money and controlling who is able to buy what. But Im not profiting from the suffering of slaves, the value of my assets is in no way affected by the work of slaves. Microsoft and Apple are two of the worst companies on Earth, and you profit from both.
Microsoft and Apple are fucking people over every day, and as they profit from it, so do you. Your shares are a part ownership in the companies doing the evil for your profit.
Me buying a pair of Nikes and owning Nike shares and owning a share of the crimes are two completely different things.
One I pay for and it generates nothing and only depreciates with time.
The other you pay for, it generates profit from unscrupulous business practices which you get a cut of.
You are comparing Apples with Oranges.
So you don't have a mutual fund? no 401k or any investments whatsoever?

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122
Can't lie, I switched over to Apple about 3 weeks ago from working predominately with PC for over 15 years doing music and so far, it was the best shift I could have ever done... lol... But its all in preference I guess. Plus the studio I work out of is all Mac so, yeah... Learned quick or had to

Reactions: TWU
Can't lie, I switched over to Apple about 3 weeks ago from working predominately with PC for over 15 years doing music and so far, it was the best shift I could have ever done... lol... But its all in preference I guess. Plus the studio I work out of is all Mac so, yeah... Learned quick or had to
Im going to have to learn Logic at some point, just so I dont have to keep taking my laptop to the studio.
But you nailed it, horses for courses. People like what they like, own it, dont sugar coat it lol. Nearly everybody else at the studio uses macs, its their choice, they prefer it. All the kids have iPhones lol, they are kids, they dont know better lol.

and if nobody bought things from unethical companies nobody would buy much at all.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Trying to claim its cult to me kinda shows you are out of decent arguments
Not at all.

But the "apple is superior in every way, if you dont agree you're wrong, i have macbook, iPhone, apple watch, ipad, apple underwear and my skids are superior"

It's very very like fanboy vibes (respectfully couldnt think of a better term right now).

And saying that a majority of apple purchases are cultish / solely trend based is a very valid argument.

I've known of girls "not dating someone unless they have an iPhone".

Like i said. It's no real different to people who buy Jordans.

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122
Im going to have to learn Logic at some point, just so I dont have to keep taking my laptop to the studio.
But you nailed it, horses for courses. People like what they like, own it, dont sugar coat it lol. Nearly everybody else at the studio uses macs, its their choice, they prefer it. All the kids have iPhones lol, they are kids, they dont know better lol.
That's a fact fam! Gotta catch up and be current with the times, when I tour other studios and have sessions in other places like ATL or NYC, all the studios are primarily Mac compatible. If I am not even as much as a little bit fluent in the process, then I'm SOL on that session which can cause you little to no business.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Not at all.

But the "apple is superior in every way, if you dont agree you're wrong, i have macbook, iPhone, apple watch, ipad, apple underwear and my skids are superior"

It's very very like fanboy vibes (respectfully couldnt think of a better term right now).

And saying that a majority of apple purchases are cultish / solely trend based is a very valid argument.

I've known of girls "not dating someone unless they have an iPhone".

Like i said. It's no real different to people who buy Jordans.
I also have multiple Windows servers and Windows laptops as well as Linux laptops etc at my house. Hell I have a VMware server at my house. I use them all. This is how I make a living.

That's a fact fam! Gotta catch up and be current with the times, when I tour other studios and have sessions in other places like ATL or NYC, all the studios are primarily Mac compatible. If I am not even as much as a little bit fluent in the process, then I'm SOL on that session which can cause you little to no business.
Its more for me personally to know another DAW so I can use as many as possible and be ready for whatever situation might arise.
If an artist has a DAW session, I could just open that instead of tracking it all out and then starting a new mix project.
I know Cubase pretty well now, FL Studio, Acid Pro, Reason, I used Pro Tools a while back but its changed a lot and I cant remember it now, but shouldnt take long to pick back up. I should learn Ableton too and stop being put off by the graphics, lots of people use that too.
All DAW's do pretty much the same things, just in their own ways, ways which may or may not suit different people and different workflows. Once you know one, doesnt take too long to find the tools you need to get the job done, and then learn it more deeply as you go. Never know, it might become my new favourite DAW, if that happens I will certainly say so.

I also have multiple Windows servers and Windows laptops as well as Linux laptops etc at my house. Hell I have a VMware server at my house. I use them all. This is how I make a living.
that is whats called an "argument of authority"
it doesnt make you right or wrong, its just you claiming an expertise in a field and so we should take your word for it.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Its more for me personally to know another DAW so I can use as many as possible and be ready for whatever situation might arise.
If an artist has a DAW session, I could just open that instead of tracking it all out and then starting a new mix project.
I know Cubase pretty well now, FL Studio, Acid Pro, Reason, I used Pro Tools a while back but its changed a lot and I cant remember it now, but shouldnt take long to pick back up. I should learn Ableton too and stop being put off by the graphics, lots of people use that too.
All DAW's do pretty much the same things, just in their own ways, ways which may or may not suit different people and different workflows. Once you know one, doesnt take too long to find the tools you need to get the job done, and then learn it more deeply as you go. Never know, it might become my new favourite DAW, if that happens I will certainly say so.
I dunno why people so hard on Abletons graphics. It's probably the neatest and modern in terms of graphics/design. That's my own issue with its graphics looking too modern.

FL hasvery ugly graphics imho. Logic isn't too appealing either. Tbf, DAWs are quite ugly.

I dunno why people so hard on Abletons graphics. It's probably the neatest and modern in terms of graphics/design. That's my own issue with its graphics looking too modern.

FL hasvery ugly graphics imho. Logic isn't too appealing either. Tbf, DAWs are quite ugly.
at the end of the day we are making music, not landscape paintings.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
thats is whats called an "argument of authority"
it doesnt make you right or wrong, its just you claiming an expertise in a field and so we should take your word for it.

oh no, you misunderstood. I was simply saying that I don't ONLY use Apple products at all. I am an Apple fan, but I don't think fanboy is quite right as I use every tech product I can.

That being said I AM an expert on this particular topic but certainly don't take my word for it. Feel free to fact check, that's why I posted sources.

oh no, you misunderstood. I was simply saying that I don't ONLY use Apple products at all. I am an Apple fan, but I don't think fanboy is quite right as I use every tech product I can.

That being said I AM an expert on this particular topic but certainly don't take my word for it. Feel free to fact check, that's why I posted sources.
Bro, you exude fanboy, you are surrounded by an aura made up of the words "apple" and "fanboy", thousands of little apples and fanboys merged into one big aura. Just own it goddamit. lmao

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Bro, you exude fanboy, you are surrounded by an aura made up of the words "apple" and "fanboy", thousands of little apples and fanboys merged into one big aura. Just own it goddamit. lmao
To be honest im probably a VMware fan boy if anything lmao. also Apple fan boys are not critical of Apple at all, and I have a pretty long list of grievances against Apple. Now I think its net positive overall for Apple, but they certainly don't get everything right.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs Queen GIF

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
@2GooD Productions I think Logic is the #2 most used DAW in the professional sense at least and Pro Tools is #1 so it certainly is good to learn. You get a LOT of great effects with Logic both soft synths and mixing plugins. For $200 its the best bang for the buck of any DAW hands down. That being said there are things I like better about Pro Tools and Studio One so it's not the end all be all but Logic is pretty darn powerful.