Who puts hooks on their beats?

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Fact: Most mainstream artist don't like writing/singing hooks on songs! This is a true fact! If you put a hook on a song you increase your chances of getting it placed. Furthermore, you will get writers credit (publishing) for writing the hook. There is really no reason not to write a hook, if they love the beat, theyll snatch it anyway, it can't hurt.

400-m

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
music theory professor said that i shoud .. and seems like a lot of ya do.. but i never do.. i will see whats up in a couple of new ones

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Damn... so I gotta get in the booth huh? this is wack...

LOL. dawgie all you gotta do is write the hook to your beat and present it to the potential buyer. you aint gotta rap on it if ur skills aint up to par. Having a written hook with a dope change up in the beat for the hook is gonna make your beat have more potential to get sold or whatever you tryna do with it.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 215
I definitely put hooks on every one of my beats also(16-8)even if it means adding another instrument sound such as a hi hat or whatnot...anything to give the track momentum when the m.c. starts to sing the chorus part of the song. Then after 8 bars of chorus I might drop out an instrument when the m.c. starts to sing the song. But yes adding a chorus to your beats adds variation and keeps the listeners attention.

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think you should put a hook on beats. The reason is this what seperate the beat maker from the producer. If you just make beats then don't put a hook on it but if you have an idea of hhow you would like the track to go, then shot. I put hook on almost all my beats cause that just me. I spit so it just in me to do it. I just try to get a good feel for the song.

S

Svenghali

It's a sad statement for the art when you have to give artists ideas and direction. It just goes to show how much Hip Hop has become instat crap music. I don't put hooks on my shit.

I think you should put a hook on beats. The reason is this what seperate the beat maker from the producer. If you just make beats then don't put a hook on it but if you have an idea of hhow you would like the track to go, then shot. I put hook on almost all my beats cause that just me. I spit so it just in me to do it. I just try to get a good feel for the song.

A producers job is to see the song through from start to finish. Whether it's going back and doing additional production on the song once the emcee has delivered his work, assisting the artist with ideas and direction in the booth or givin' a song that "vibe" in the mixdown. A beatmaker takes a 2 to 4 to 8 bar loop and throws some drums on it, executes a couple of chops and he's ready to go. If you through a hook on there it does make the track anymore produced. It's just a track with a hook. Seen?