who on here makes RnB/Soul type beats/songs as well?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if so - holla!

:D

if you're comfortable posting some samples of your beats/songs I'd love to hear them

also, for those cats who make RnB/Soul, how is the process different for you from making hip-hop tracks? Do you sample different stuff or use different sounds? Do you adjust the tempo a lot more etc.

peace fam

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm workin with a dude right now who has anwesome voice... I can't post yet I promised I would keep it DL till the CD is finished... But I enjoy making it... I don't sample barely ever let alone with him... He and I are trying to make a new sound while we're at it, and it's definitely coming along well... But I enjoy it differently than when I produce Hip Hop... Both equal just different...

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
ive got a couple of joints that fall in this genre. actually am 50/50 with hiphop and rnb/soul. i collabarated with a guy from detroit on a track called "the light". his site should be up soon, a preview of the track will be on there.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Check out my soundclick page... I got a few... but i just make whatever comes to mind... So if its Hiphop it's HipHop and if it's R&B it's R&B....

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
yeah i do it all... hip hop, garage, drum n bass, r 'n' b... all the shit that i can make with a sample and a drum machine i'ma make... this way i can make my own style of beats and then call it something stupid... pretend like it's a craze and get signed...

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm really not into R&B to be honest [I'm talking about the music now labelled R&B...The old stuff is genious and most certainly laid some foundations for all kinds of genres we know today]...

I love incorporating elements of jazz and trip hop into my music though, and occasionally D'n'B kind of stuff too...just a little less 'snarey' and less of those typical D'n'B bass lines.

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Now the question was does anyone do RnB I thought... If we're bragging about what we do then let me add that I do: Trance, Indie Lo-Fi, Music for Movie/TV soundtracks, Hip Hop, R n B, Female Vocalist (Dido Type) and things inbetween... but thats all... I'm done ranting

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Yeah I dabble a little on the R&B side also. I find that the process involves a bit more instrument playing as opposed to just sampling.
ONE

members online