Who in here is GOING TO BE rich as fuck?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
1d3nt1ty - i get your concept i think its a good idea, man for people who love music surely there is no better way than to get paid for something you love doing ! isn't it about time people who sit about all day complaining how shitty record companies are and how all the big artists are sold out did something, a movement as such that actually puts in to practicve what so many people preach, to shy away from the mainstream and do your own thing with total control of what your doing !
What you doing is a risk/gamble is you like but people wouldnt have got anywhere if they didnt take risks, your end goal is clear and is a very good one and like you said not only is it going to bring you money but you have the satisfaction of doing something you love, and also owning and proving to everyone that you have done what you set out to do !
Your plan i feel would be very popular if it became reality, so many people talk about how everyone is sold out and not enough underground etc, but no-one does anything about it !

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
Exactly my point... The people who make it are motivated. Rich people motivate and do it, they don't complain. This is where I'm at. I know some extremely talented people and the puzzle is there, it's only a matter of time before it's gonna do SOMETHING.

Even if it flops, at least I gave my best effort to not be a friggin WHINER, you know?

EVERYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD, keep your heads up, don't ever let anyone discourage you.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea too right, you got the right idea and a good plan so go for it ! and like you said if you fail you fail you had a go at it which is more than most ! im in kinda the same boat as in that all the stuff im doing right now is geared towards a career in music, i haven't really got anything to fall back on and right now im working a shitty dead end job now its not ideal but it makes you realise how shit jobs etc can be and makes you want to succeed that much more !

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
See, I worked at 2 different ISP's for the last 2 years, and man, it seems like it'd be a great job to have, experience to be had and plenty of pay, but actually, technical support gets only 9 bucks an hour! I might as well pump fuckn gas for a living!

They made me head of the technical support dept and gave me the tech bench and had me fixing hella computers, but the owners judged against me because I didn't snitch on a couple homies who were smokin bud in the parking lot and they knew it cuz they were like "What's that smell mr. reyes" I was like, man, I have no clue. After that they never gave me a raise and added more shit on my plate without the pay. That was a fucked up sitcho.

I quit and started my own business, but have no money to advertise at this point. One of my clients has a business that is straight millions a year and he sees what IU can do and decided to hire me as a production manager. 15-20 an hour. I finally got out of my hole, but I am not droppping it there, I'ma start advertising my business and take my friends from my old ISP and employ them to do my business for me at half the take... they gettin 9 bux an hour now I will give them 20 and the rest is straight up profit for me to stack and stack.

You wanna know why this shit all fell into my lap? I THOUGHT POSITIVE AND MADE MY CONNECTIONS. the music industry can't possibly be that hard to break into full force, right? I figure with a few (tens of hundreds of etc or more) thousands of dollars, I should be able to get my people (all my people, including jwalk of these forums) heard and seen in full color right?

Why not take my hobby and own the rights? :grin:

I was recently told by a millionaire to HAVE A MILLIONAIRE MIND OR YOU WILL NEVER GET ANYWHERE. THINK POSITIVE, EVERYTHING ELSE IS OLD AND STUPID.

Talk about motivation, you see a 6.3 million dollar mansion that's paid for and 5 cars in the garages all pimped the fuck out and you have the chance to hear your music in a system with 4 15's and 8's in the door, you tend to stop thinking so small!!!!!

I have backing! I have talent!! I have the fuckn DRIVE to make it!

I'm on my way, like I said, positive messages abound, HERE I COME! lol

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
identity i feel u on that. 'entrepenuer' is written all over your face man, lol, man u got drive!
good luck with eveything, it seems things are going well. what you are planning to do will be great man! no doubt.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I can't say if anymore, WHEN I make it there, I will no doubt remember the talent that is found anywhere I have seen it.

Forget scooping a couple peoples, I'm scoopin them all! heheh

All that anyone has to do is see beyond their circumstances and everything falls into place. I am beginning to full on believe that even what we think has power... we live in a world of duality... right and left, up and down, positive and negative... All it takes is for us to adhere ourselves to the positive and everything that flows will be the same. I didn't come into this by any cult or religious practice, but simple searching of myself. It's time to blow, nothing is stopping me, nothing can get in my way, NOTHING.

Anyone who believes that tyhis is so will have it all. Millionaires are millionaires because they were confident in themselves, nothing more. I know a dude that was sleeping on the streets in a sleeping bag in Seattle, and now he has 2 businesses and is bubbling like crazy... this kid had felonies and almost was on his third strike. he just gave up the dumb shit and made it happen, plain and simple. He said he "stopped thinking about shit, and just did it"

That's where I'm going... Free your mind and everything will follow. Some people get stuck in religions and that will just vex your spirit... cause you to be downtrodden. wake up! heh that's all it's going to take!

Afrique,

I wish you nothing but the best and anyone else up in these forums... good luck to you all and thanks for the positivity, it all adds to the end product of my mind

:grin:

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Music is what I do for a living I play drums with bands in bars at Hotels wherever, and make beats I'm a music major in college when I get out of school next year I'ma be doin the same thing playin and makin beats. It's hard a lot of people like my girl some of my family would rather see me get a 9-5.
You don't really get paid much as a musician unless your playin with Brittany Spears or sumthin and my tracks aren't sellin for much these days, but at the end of the day I just want to make good music and move the art forward that's whats keepin me goin I really agree with what Afrique was sayin you gotta have love for what you do, the reality is most people just don't make a fortune in this bussiness if it were like that everyone would be gettin rich off music and doin it full time. There's few people who can make a good living off music and there's plenty of talented people who are broke. I beleive that if I stay on my hustle I can most definitely make some crazy loot, but money's not my main goal. I'm with you all the way Identity too many people are scared to take chances you gotta have the beleife that you can make it no matter what but you also can't let money blind you.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Yes, Identity, you can through sheer will and determination make it. But where? I too can brag and say I have seen 40 million dollar estates with illustrious cars and banquets, stables and expensive dinner parties with actual models performing as "living statues." (For "art" it was claimed.) Who knows, some of us members of this site may live a very posh life. (?)

I also see blind determination in artists and managers that can't look at the truth objectively. Their blind ambition also causes them to fail. That is because they don't rationally accept facts, and then motivate themselves to follow a better path, which would ultimately make them more money. The consumer is continually being targeted in thinner demographic models. This makes money for the people that pay you in the industry. In the industry, if you don't make money, you are not doing your job. If you don't maximise shareholder value, you will be sent off quickly. It has and will always be about one thing: money. The question is, which music makes the most? You're lucky that hip-hop is a skyrocketing phenomenon, get on the train.

I suggest you lay out a structure and objective to your plan, following each step and make it through. That's great. Be a maverick. Go ahead and make an underground hip-hop radio network. Search to see the startup money for licences. What are the population targets you have in each market, get startup money to do the initial research that then needs to be shown to venture capitalists to make your network.

You can make a lot of money in the music industry, you can also fail if you're not quick witted. There are a lot of actors and musicians that live in shite flats and homes because they didn't make the right decision, despite their sheer will.

Make a lot of money, Identity. Don't fall for the latter. But if you get far enough, you will see things a bit differently. Again, kind of like the Matrix.

Sincerely,
God

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
I wanna be like puff diddy ahahaha

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Every time I see God answering, I read what he's saying like it's the bible (lol)...

Anyways, I wanna get the skrillz, but I gotta improve my skillz...

when I'll believe I can make a beat that sounds exactly the way it sounds in my head (you guys know what I mean)... THEN... man, you gonna see my face all over!

Sh**, I'm the next big thang! Kanye aint got nothin on me!!!! lol

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
good good I AM GLAD TO SEE that like minded people exist or can at least agree. I understand God, about what you are saying. I feel like I have a pretty solid plan laid down and it is of course much more complicated than in these forums.

It is an investment, not all investments make money, and you are full on correct, money is the bottom line. You see, I am not any sort of psycho fanatic by any means, as I explained this is just my way of motivating and confessing my commitment to making my dream a reality. I think everyone should do the same, cuz if you don't have a dream, nothing will ever come of it. I was young and I wanted to do this, and it seems like everything is just falling into place, finally. Of course, there's plenty of obstacles and I have made those part of my plan, worst case and best...

Just to let you know, I am not bragging about this shit, I haven't done anything yet except taste steak and lobster for the first time in my fuckn life the other day... I was only sharing a recent experience that has helped propel my motivation TOWARDS THE NEXT LEVEL.

Where I'm from, the last big names to make it out of the seattle underground were grunge metal! The last big hip hop artist to truly make a place from here was Sir Mix Alot. We have a hip hop radio station that is the most popular and is also nationwide too, but they refuse to really showcase anything, I mean, why would they? it doesn't suit there "sponsors" to do such a thing. The radio station I want to run won't be for quite awhile, but would forever and always be in the works. I am simply shooting as high as I want and taking it from there, that's step one in my plan. :grin:

My ambitions cannot be crushed because I am not relying on anyone's money to promote and advertise, lest they start telling me what to do... this just wouldn't work for me. If I do it, I do it how I want it, cuz noone is going to pay for decisions on what will or will not be played on air etc. See, If I can't make it myself, then it just won't be made and I will move on to real estate or maybe a mix of both of them. Who knows?

And that's what I'm talkin about... My thread shoulda been named "WHo has a dream" lol

anyone else?

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
raotflmao lol ha ha haaaa man if you want to be rich do bio chem and cook smack.... lol music aint for money...... man music has probably been the most expensive thing i have ever done (apart from cheeba and other illicit substance and they hyave had their business sides too) for me all i have gotten money wise from music is scraps and free beers (the free beers suck it means i get drunk alot lol)

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
***edit***

You see?!? it's time for australia to get a flavor of the real deal slammin taste of this culture that we all here (you do make music right everyone?!) have devoted at least a small part of our lives to. You can be the one, if you want it bad enough, you can be the one to wake these people the hell up to what they've been missing! It's an untapped market there. You know what you love about this type of music, so show these people how it's done!!!! You have got to motivate man, make it happen, only you can live your life to it's fullest, and 9-5 in any position that you don't LOVE TO DEATH is going to be a thorn in your side for the rest of your life. I should have started years and years ago!
Any negative thoughts need to be squashed, or at least analyzed and worked out bro. I say this, DO THAT SHIT!

And that's that. Keep on your current grind, I found another way to make good money to help jumpstart everything that I want to do, including owning a peice of the music industry.
I just have this vision, and I am not going to let anything stop me from giving my every last drop of sweat to create. You see? I am pushing my self to get up off of my ass and DO SOMETHING to further enhance my life beyond the dulldrum 9-5 sit back and watch attitude.

***edit***

I hear you but honestly, look at the industry, it's ripe for the plucking... I think I've said low hanging fruit.

Music is absolutely sellable, it is one of the biggest things in almost everybody's life... People live with music from day one, it is part of us as beings on this earth.

I get drunk too as well as some... well you get the idea, but I would never let any of the above rule my life... The world is full of gluttons, including me. I am only stating that I am blowin this joint, no lookin back. can I get a b-a-a-a-ah?

I refuse to be the next of the human herd to be led off a cliff with my bretheren, I'm going to seriously attempt to break the mold and pull (monetary) hostile takeovers. I am meeting people who were not scared to make money and you ask them what the deal is, how the hell do you get so rich from so little?

more than determination, they say, "faith in yourself" and shit like "free your mind" it is honestly the only thing it takes... Quit worrying about shit and focus on making it happen. quit wishin and wantin, get to makin and flauntin. There are unlimited resources available, the universe will bend over backwards, if only you quit your stressin.

Hit Google... search for interviews for any of your favorite artists and see what they have to say... "never stop, just don't stop rappin" "don't quit, no matter what. If you want it, it will happen" and various other famous quotes.

Look for rich people who give quotes too for that matter. Why the hell do you think that so many movies and stuff have themes like "think happy thoughts and you can fly" or "free your mind" dude, there are entire sub-cultures (american entrepenuers are one of these) who devote their life to this kind of thinking, and they rule the world.

If there is nowhere left to go but UP, then it's time to BUBBLE. and this concludes this minutes' episode of "WHO'S DREAM IS IT ANYWAYS".

:grin:

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
1d3nt1tY said:
I started this thread to see who is on the track, not just beat wise, but MENTALLY and SPIRITUALLY ready to be bigger than any of the current shit chokin bitches on tv or the radio...

What I'm looking for is like minded people who share the same dream. If I were to get rich makin beats, I would help any person who had any talent at all as long as they had a DRIVE to make something of themselves, plain and simple. This means KNOWING that you will SOON be the BEST THING to happen to the industry, not simpin an whinin, but PIMPIN AND GRINDIN.

I can't invest my precious time as a producer into a person unless they are willing to do whatever it takes to make it, push until you hit the top. If you do this as a hobby, get serious! motivate! why does music have to be a dent in your paycheck instead of BEING your paycheck?

Because you love music? shiiit. Love it, and pimp it at the same time. why not? c'mon peeps, WHO HERE IS READY TO BE THE ONE, let's do this shit neo.

Free your mind and the rest will follow. Who is it going to be?
Shiiit since you put it like that Im ready for this rap game to come off them benjamins in a major way, Ima balls to tha wall type of dude myself but Im not gung-ho Ima peep the scene gatherin as much information as possible before I dive in head first to find out theres no water in the swimmin pool.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
oh there's water heheh...

it's got gold flakes and chunks floatin in it. Plenty of cats are still gettin more paid than ever. The internet hasn't killed it yet, and I don't think it will.

This thread's mostly just to motivate the patrons of this forum. u kno?

members online