Who here uses Roland MV 8000 to record vocals/FULL SONGS???

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was wondering who uses this piece as a full recording unit--ie: Creating their entire album, laying down their vocals for their songs and mastering their album.

Im considering using this piece as an All in One piece to record my group but:

1) I dont know how well vocals can be layed down--ie: Have a professional sound

and

2) How a whole album that has been mixed down would sound like

Please holla back

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Recommend u use a DAW the MV8000 can do that but are limited to 8 tracks of audio so u will be doing alot bouncin around. Now if u want to lay down lil small vocal parts thats different. I recommend u do vocal recording in a recording program.

Nicole

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
misscc803 said:
Recommend u use a DAW the MV8000 can do that but are limited to 8 tracks of audio so u will be doing alot bouncin around. Now if u want to lay down lil small vocal parts thats different. I recommend u do vocal recording in a recording program.

Nicole

Thanx for the info

By the way, have you purchased your MV yet???

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
yeh man it is most definately possible, but i wouldnt reccommend it really. using somethin like cool edit pro would be much quicker and easier.

but as miscc said it is fine for recordin little samples, like a voice tag or somethin.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
With the eight audio tracks you can get some great ideals down and out fast. I never use the mv 8 audio tracks to record full songs or anything that i would call a finish product, but i dont use them to get the ruff draft of a song down to be redone later on a daw. I have a friend who really dont write much to beats so we just put the song together with the mv and burn it to cd and he will take the song home and learn it by heart. I also am working with a girl that can sing but is a song writer and we will also use the mv to piece together the song!

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
BluPHI!!! said:
Thanx for the info

Your welcome!!

BluPHI!!! said:
By the way, have you purchased your MV yet???

Nope probally wont be able to get one no time soon. Not make ne sales on my site and dont have ne income comin in.

Nicole

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
R u asking me if im getting an MV???

--If thats what your asking---Im really contemplating one. But If I cant do full songs(vocally) Im not into the investment.

--But I am still getting that new Apple Macbookpro for my future business. I NEED ONE BAD!!!
But I just really didnt want to go the Full blaze software route. But from these reviews as well as my own EXTENSIVE ONLINE RESEARCH, im going the software route.

--Im just looking for software that does what I need in production(But that question will be posted in the "Software Section" today)--lol

I really appreciate the illmuzik fam for all of you guys help. When I get my gear setup on point, I WILL BE ON A LOOKOUT FOR PEOPLE TO DO ALBUMS WITH FROM ILLMUZIK.COM!!

Thanx again.............

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
BluPHI!!! said:
R u asking me if im getting an MV???

--If thats what your asking---Im really contemplating one. But If I cant do full songs(vocally) Im not into the investment.

--But I am still getting that new Apple Macbookpro for my future business. I NEED ONE BAD!!!
But I just really didnt want to go the Full blaze software route. But from these reviews as well as my own EXTENSIVE ONLINE RESEARCH, im going the software route.

--Im just looking for software that does what I need in production(But that question will be posted in the "Software Section" today)--lol

I really appreciate the illmuzik fam for all of you guys help. When I get my gear setup on point, I WILL BE ON A LOOKOUT FOR PEOPLE TO DO ALBUMS WITH FROM ILLMUZIK.COM!!

Thanx again.............

you can do a full song in the mv/

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
young_keyz said:
you can do a full song in the mv/

But what about an album with clean and professional sounding vocals???

I mean, Even if my group perfectly memorizes each verse in to 2 tracks, then lays ad libs--2 tracks---Can you still not only lay down you vocals for each song----BUT ALSO mix down and master your entire album ?????

Please holla back

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Yes u can record vocals and u can also use it as an hard disk recorder. Both of yall should go over to www.rolandus.com and watch the vids that show how u can use it as an hard disk recorder and other stuff u can do.

Also remember the MV8000 does have 8 Audio tracks.

Nicole

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
With the mv 8000 its like you have a digital 8 track recorder built in. Can you record clean vocals and songs. That depends on your outboard gear. I myself have recorded clean and full songs with a mpc and a 4 track recorder but youll just need to know what your doing.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
young_keyz said:
With the mv 8000 its like you have a digital 8 track recorder built in. Can you record clean vocals and songs. That depends on your outboard gear. I myself have recorded clean and full songs with a mpc and a 4 track recorder but youll just need to know what your doing.

Thanks again Playa !!!!

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
u would prob wanna max out the RAM to do that tho.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
misscc803 said:
Damn where my thank u at. Hmm..

Nicole

THANK YOU QUEEN OF ILLMUZIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(No sarcasm intended, AND EVERYONE ON THIS SITE CAN AGREE THAT YOU REALLY HELP US OUT TO THE FULLEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
BluPHI!!! said:
THANK YOU QUEEN OF ILLMUZIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(No sarcasm intended, AND EVERYONE ON THIS SITE CAN AGREE THAT YOU REALLY HELP US OUT TO THE FULLEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I was actually bein sarcastic(known for gettin it hype) LOL!!

But thanks man!!!

Nicole

Shout Out:Fade where u @ boo!! I miss u!!!