Who Got Reason 3.0 yet ?

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Whatup Just wondering who has coppd 3.0 yet and maybe drop some reviews or any tips youve picked up so far

Ez

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i got it a few days back. those who have reason 2.5 and are registered users, you can get the upgrade for around £60. but all i can say is whoa!!!!!!!! its heavy man, the combinator is ridiculous, ive already built up tons of custom patches which make production a whole lot quicker. the mastering tools in it a pretty good too, theyve added a nice responsive compressor and eq and limitor, pretty nice.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
I could tell you where to get it but nawww fuck the endorsments

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
Ya, I got it last week. I never use Reason to its full potential. I basically make a sequence with the Redrum & Sound Modules, & then Track out into Pro tools. Im not a fan of thier audio engine. But for some reason (no pun intended) when I throw it in pro tools, it sounds bigger and better. The combinator & Browser is the only thing I like about this new version...I like the fact I can play the sound before actually loading it into the soundmodules (genuis!). but I have never used the Mastering stuff & probably never will, I save that for Pro tools & Waves! But Reason is definitley Dope!! Especially when you got tons of refills....not only that I've converted all my akai disk into Refills! Mo sounds, Mo sounds, Mo sounds!!!!

my 2 pennys worth...

-Frictionbeats

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
kojo said:
^^^
hey, what did you use to convert your akai disks into refills?

You can use CD Xtract to convert Akai programs ro NNXT files. The program cost about $140, but, you can get it.......****This is in no way implying you should pirate the program****

http://www.cdxtract.com/formats.php

As for Reason 3.0, I'm hearing horror stories from cats that use Reason the way I do. I'll stick to 2.5 until they fix the bugs.

X

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Ya Damn Friction I didint even know you used Reason I thought u had some Expensive hardware Cuz ur shits Mixed Really well and your sounds are nice and thick is that from Mixing it Down in Protools ? cuz my Cousin has been tellin me Logic or Protools is da shit and that I need 2 get ahold of 1 of those 2 programs .

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
Ya...Thats all Pro tools & Waves.. and Read a Few books on Mixing & Mastering. The best book by far is " Mastering Audio, the art & the science." by Bob Katz. All I use is the Mbox. I have a Triton LE, that I only use for a Controller! basically sequence in Reason, shoot to Pro tools, then add live instrumentation on it, & vocals if any. I love working this way....beacause I have artist that come in for beats & when they choose one they usually pay me to Record right there. I then just throw on the track from Reason on an Aux channel, Record all the vocals over the beat. then go back and track everything out & mix down without feeling rushed. That way I dont waste time. if that makes any sense.

anyways thanks CampO, I take that as a compliment....Im still trying to up my mixing skills everyday.

Peace out!

-Friction

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Producer X said:
You can use CD Xtract to convert Akai programs ro NNXT files. The program cost about $140, but, you can get it.......****This is in no way implying you should pirate the program****

http://www.cdxtract.com/formats.php

As for Reason 3.0, I'm hearing horror stories from cats that use Reason the way I do. I'll stick to 2.5 until they fix the bugs.

X

No horror stories from me, there are so many thing that i don't know if i'm ever going to use them. Just one thing...THERE'S TOO MANY SOUNDS, MY HEAD GONNA BLOW AHHH. But is it me or the instrument sounds better, the refills are more real sounding?

Yo, NNXT what's the Channel Strip

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Even though i dont use it....I would like to point out that it cant damn near a perfect review in Remix this month....no cons were listed.....when i get sum spare cash i gonna try it out

NORTH

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Been using Reason since 1.0, and I am once again blown away at how intuitive those Swedans are... there are so many wonderful new things in this release.. and it SOUNDS b-e-a-utiful!!

-NORTH

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
No horror stories from me, there are so many thing that i don't know if i'm ever going to use them. Just one thing...THERE'S TOO MANY SOUNDS, MY HEAD GONNA BLOW AHHH. But is it me or the instrument sounds better, the refills are more real sounding?

Yo, NNXT what's the Channel Strip

i call it the Channel strip because it looks like stripped channel from the mixer. but its that line mixer

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have it - i use it to compose now - tryna get ti rewired to work properly with my racks tho

and i use FL to sample

members online