Who do you think is the greatest MC???

ill o.g.
What about Nas everybody?
-Illmatic
Think about it. One of not so many who can get there point across without cussing (even though hes capable (ether)).
He's, in my opinion, one of the best lyricists, rappers, poets, whatever.

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Im with you art mpc 4000. Biggie was the shit. I think people are saying krs one because they feel theyre obligated to say that.Yeah he was dope back in the day but i dont remember the last time i bought his album.I cant even say LL is the best cause he keep doing the same Hip-r+b-hop song but with different r+b singers.Pac was good but i could never get him. I didn't know if he wanted to kill our black race or help em. On one hand it help our black sister and the next song bitch this bitch that, make up your mind. And i think he just said and did things just to make news. Rakim is a god. I cant say hes the best but everytime you mention "whos the best" you have to bring up his name.I eminem the best i cant even say that. I think he's a real good mc with a hell of a marketing plan. Just my opinion.

E

Equality 7-2521

ART MPC 4000 said:
Everyone Is Saying Krs (he Was Good But He Was The Most Controdicting Rapper I Ever Listened To)
QUOTE]

how do you figure?

c-dub

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I have to say R-A-K-I-M. When he came out he made all mcees head back to lab. He changed the game.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
nobody will ever be the best ever... in my simple minded opinion, only cuz there will ALWAYS be someone newer with a better fresh style to get down to...

good lyrics can be written or bitten by anyone, it's just a matter of who actually writes them for the so called mastermind :grin:

damn ghostwriters huh?

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
ok ok, input desired I'll throw the required...

ESHAM just to break away from all these commercialized names heheh

shiiit maybe even spice1 for that matter, he has always had some sicc flowz even if you didn't like what he said, he always changed it up on you when you weren't expecting.

K

Kojote

look for SAMY DELUXE!!!
He's really one of the best. Never heard such fine triple / quattro rhymes!
SAMY DELUXE!!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hmmm..... i dont know,you cant really be unknown for an entire areer and truly be considered great.. greatness encompasses so many qualities and among them is sheer impact, longevity, and consistancy.... and while there may never be a "greatest", we will all have the ones who shine as the greatest to us, and in our own careers as influences.

one thing i will say, is after this last album, Ghostface has to be considered... he has to be mentioned.... he has to be accounted for... duke just dropped his fourth and they have all been somewhere between classics and simple excellence. can anyone really deny that much? he hasnt ever put out a bad album. 4-for-4 is a damn good track record, is it not? solid, all the way through, and he has maintained an odd balance of underground with a bit of mainstream accessability (although not superstardom) in the process.

my top three.... FOR ME, forget all time, that will never be conclusive- is Ghost, Common, and Andre Benjamin (eff that "3000" suffix...). those guys are my greatest influences-with an obvious nod to the production teams involved. those three, are in my eyes, the best ARTISTS in hip hop in my eyes.