Which is better for chopping samples?

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
At the minute I'm using ReCycle, and while I think it's dope, it still leaves me thinking it could be better. Which software do you guys think is the best for chopping samples? If I was to use AL7, could I rewire it into Reason so that I only use AL7 for chopping, and Reason for playing the samples? Also, I've read that Native Instruments is supposed to be good for samplers...

thedon98

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Stick with ableton and use the drum racks it the shit so easy and uncomplicated(sp) but you have fl with edison and the fpc so thats another option but too be honest give ableton a chance and you'll realize its just so simple.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
My 2 cents: I love Edison. That's my shit right there. Super fuckin easy.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Nothing is better imo than the Warp and slice to new midi function in Ableton 7.

T

TheMost

95% of the time I chop the section in Cool Edit, and then save it as aif for ReCycle, then just put in the number of bars and change the tempo of the sample, and slice it around every half beat.

does changing the tempo realy do anything i mean?

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.
i might get disowned by some for saying this. i got an mpc1k and i still chop in edison, just find it a whole lot easier to chop with a mouse, so much easier to navigate through a track and zoom in/out
chop in edison, then drop into mpc

T

The Arkitekt

You might as well have got a pad controller if your gonna do that instead of dropping 500-1000 on an MPC

thedon98

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Nothing is better imo than the Warp and slice to new midi function in Ableton 7.

its true none of this tap tempo rubbish!(sorry to talk down on every other sequencer)but live can't be fucked with and this is coming from a dude who has had all the fl's trust me convert to the dark side now!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
its true none of this tap tempo rubbish!(sorry to talk down on every other sequencer)but live can't be fucked with and this is coming from a dude who has had all the fl's trust me convert to the dark side now!

I keep tell 'em, "they just don't know" how powerful Ableton Live 7 is. It's the only software out there that you don't have to go outside of it to do one single thing.

If anything you should be rewiring other daws to ableton and not the reverse unless of course it's Pro Tools. Rewiring Ableton to Reason makes absolutely no sense.....it has to be Reason rewired to Ableton. The better (damn near limitless) daw should be the master!!!!!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
i might get disowned by some for saying this. i got an mpc1k and i still chop in edison, just find it a whole lot easier to chop with a mouse, so much easier to navigate through a track and zoom in/out
chop in edison, then drop into mpc
I really dont see why its hard to people to chop on the MPC, its all about developing a process and sticking to it like anything else...
Granted the computer's more visually pleasing and you got that big screen to show your edits, but using your ears is just as important.
Matter fact, thats why i like to chop on the MPC more, it forces u to use your ears more.

Plus, and this is a big one...You sacrifice the sample quality if your getting your sources from elsewhere. Thats 1/2 the reason i stay inside the box and go straight from the record player to the MP because you get the most organic sound that way thanks to the MPCs A/D converters.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i say recycle..its quick easy and does the job so u can spend ur time creatively rather than bullshit computer geek nonsense