Where are the MPC 500 users???

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Does anyone use the Akai MPc 500 here on illmuzik to create thier tracks???

If so, what style of music do you use it on???

I have one but I barely use it.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Yo, i got one.. and i make hiphop on it.. i'll post some up soon.. U barely use it?

I chop me samples in recycle and put in the mpc with bluebox.. I'll just sit one evening chopping samples and then i'll have enough to build some beats the next couple of days..

then i'll just track em out with the mute groups.. I used to have a 2000xl and now i only use the 500.. i think it's a pretty decent machine!

Saving for a 1000 now.. because of the chopshop feature and the 4 outs..

What do u use is for, when u use it?

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i never use one but i played with it at the guitar center and i don’t like the 12 pads set up.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo, i got one.. and i make hiphop on it.. i'll post some up soon.. U barely use it?

I chop me samples in recycle and put in the mpc with bluebox.. I'll just sit one evening chopping samples and then i'll have enough to build some beats the next couple of days..

then i'll just track em out with the mute groups.. I used to have a 2000xl and now i only use the 500.. i think it's a pretty decent machine!

Saving for a 1000 now.. because of the chopshop feature and the 4 outs..

What do u use is for, when u use it?

Whats Bluebox?? Why cant you just import the samples via usb and start making beats? Please help me out

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Whats Bluebox?? Why cant you just import the samples via usb and start making beats? Please help me out

Its a PGM make for the mpc1000. Its easier to load up a bunch of samples that way. Especially when u working wit like 10 or more samples. Bluebox allows u to load them to the pads and save it as a .pgm file. Very helpful. I use it all the time myself.(i use the mpc1k)

http://webpages.charter.net/dereese/gary/akai.html

Nicole

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

Its a PGM make for the mpc1000. Its easier to load up a bunch of samples that way. Especially when u working wit like 10 or more samples. Bluebox allows u to load them to the pads and save it as a .pgm file. Very helpful. I use it all the time myself.(i use the mpc1k)

http://webpages.charter.net/dereese/gary/akai.html

Nicole

Thanks for the info. The only problem is that I have MAC and there seems to be no download for a Mac. Theres only a windows download. DO you know where I can get a Mac OX downloadable version. Im really interested in getting this.

inflict3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo, there is a program for mac, i cant remember the name of it though, cause i never used it, and deleted it,. i use recycle to chop, then i export my chops into a folder labeled whatever, that folder is in a folder on my mpc called chops, i manually creat the program on the mpc, it doesnt take that long once you get it down.. i love my 500, i take it everywhere with me. as a matter of fact i havent used reason since i got it...

inflict3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
my mpc 500!!!
mpcmodpic2.jpg

mpcmodpic1.jpg

S

Soulstar

I use a 500 myself same deal use recycle to chop and bluebox to make Prg files. Lately I've been using Slicerx in Fl Studio to chop but either way it works.

members online