When exporting your beats to wav files in FLStudio...

djryval

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
are you supposed to use a bit depth of:

16 bit
32 bit float (0.24)
32 bit float (16.8)

i've always left it at the default (16) but now i'm curious if i need to use something different. i don't fully understand how much difference in sound (or other issues) there are between the 3 choices, can someone break it down for me?

ill o.g.
if you are going to master your wavs/tracks and plan to do heavy post processing on them, noise removal, dynamics processing, etc, then it would be a good idea to output to 32 bit. if its just some loops that are gonna get thrown back into fls itself as audiotracks or it is a final wav to perhaps just normalize or whatever or not do much more with, then 32 bit is pointless and its cool to just stick to 16 bit. hope this helps

peace

ill o.g.
0.24 is flstudio native internal 32 bit, use that if its going back into fls, 16.8 is cep/audition format, so use that if you are gonna export it to an external sample editor.

oh and btw:

32 bit files are bigger and require more cpu than 16 bit files, keep this in mind

djryval

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
good deal. i use audition to chop samples for the most part or maybe do some cleanup work. basically what happens is i make a beat in flstudio, mix the best i know how in fl, and then export to wav 16 bit. i take the file to a guy in our group who has garageband on his imac g5, and he loads it into gb. then my group records vocals in gb and he mixes the vocals and does all the mastering in gb. so basically i'm trying to make sure i'm doing my part correctly in fl before handing over the beat.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
just plain 16 bit, no conversion crap, 256 sync depth and mark HQ for all plugins.

that's probably the best you can do for mixdown on anything, anywhere else...

send it to an analogue console set between good converters and you're practicly done for.