WHATS THE FUSS WITH 2000XL>

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
BESIDES IT BEING THE TOOL THAT HELPED HIP HOP,
IF THE MPC IS JUST PADS AND AN AUDIO EDITOR WITH EFFECTS---WHATS THE BIG DEAL WITH THE mpc 2000XL?????????????

The reason I ask is because went to Guitar Center this week and asked around at what is a great standalone studio piece that I should purchase.
I've always wanted an MPC because it seemed like all of my favorite producers (Pete Rock, Primo and Kanye) have made great songs with it.

But everyone there only mentioned how great the pads feel versus how great the effects and capanbilites are. THEY SUGGEST THAT I GET AN MV 8000.

THIS IS THE POST THAT WILL MAKE OR BREAK MY PURCHASE DECISION.
I KNOW THAT THE MV 8000 CAN DO GREAT THINGS, BUT I HAVE AN UNLOGICAL DESIRE FOR A 2000XL MDC.

Since I desire to

a) program great drums

b) use a keyboard to play great melodies

c) and do some great and presice audio chopping, editing and layering

BESIDES ALL OF THIS, WHAT MAKES THE MPC SUCH A GREAT PIECE

From a really interested Newbie.
ps: And yes, I have typed in "MPC 2000xl" in this forum search engine as well as read countless threads that always start talking about the MPC 2000xl but then that lead to BIAS ARGUMENTS THAT AMOUNT TO NO INFO--OR- USELESS COMPARISONS TO EQUIPMENT THAT I DONT CARE TO READ ABOUT FOR 4 PAGES.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP?????????????????????

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
quite simply, the mv-8000 is a more powerful piece of equipment, and is capable of more....it will do all the things an mpc will do, and more, tis quite simply fact.....dont know about stability but have heard no complaints with the mv....the mv does generally come with a higher price tag, but there is a reason for that

ill o.g.
the reason a lot of people would choose the mpc over the mv is cuz the pads and the sequencer. You can def get a lot more done on the mv cuz of all the features. They mighta been just tryin to get you to spend more money on the mv. Either one would work for what your tryin to do. But if your willing to spend that extra cash, then get that mv8000.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I have had the oppurtunity of trying both. I am an MPC2000XL user myself. I would have to admit though as far as features are concerned; the MV is far better than the MPC2000XL. The Mv8000 was made to compete with the MPC 4000. They both have similiar features. For the way I like to get down, the MV has a lot of stuff on it that I didn't even need. The MPC2000XL is a far more simple machine and you can acheive relatively the same results. The things that I liked about the MV as opposed to the MPC2000XL is the fact that you can turn it off without losing your work and you can connect it to a monitor for better viewing. It also chops your samples for you and places them across the pads. That was one thing that I didnt care for because I like to do that myself. The track editor screens are like working in cubase or some other software and you can build your tracks just like you would on your computer. All in one machine. You can also use Akai formats in the MV. It comes with sounds already so you can start making beats when you open the box. The pads on the MV were a bit stiff compared with the MPC, but I guess after a while they would soften up. With the MV you can take your track from start to finish without ever leaving the machine. It has some mastering software built in also. You can burn your stuff to a cd right in the MV.
Again, it is hard to compare the MV8000 with the MPC2000XL because the MV was made to compete with the higher class MPC 4000. If I had to make a choice between those two I would go with the 4000. It really all depends on how you plan to use the machines in question. The people at the Guitar Center told you right though. The MV8000 is a far better machine than the MPC 2000XL. If you want to create tracks or patterns and then edit them in some type of software platform, then I would say save your money and get the MPC2000XL. Even though, with a few upgrades you can add effects and stuff on the MPC2000XL. If you want to be able to do everything without a computer than go with the MV. I hope this helped a bit.
ONE

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
O-H-TEN said:
I have had the oppurtunity of trying both. I am an MPC2000XL user myself. I would have to admit though as far as features are concerned; the MV is far better than the MPC2000XL. The Mv8000 was made to compete with the MPC 4000. They both have similiar features. For the way I like to get down, the MV has a lot of stuff on it that I didn't even need. The MPC2000XL is a far more simple machine and you can acheive relatively the same results. The things that I liked about the MV as opposed to the MPC2000XL is the fact that you can turn it off without losing your work and you can connect it to a monitor for better viewing. It also chops your samples for you and places them across the pads. That was one thing that I didnt care for because I like to do that myself. The track editor screens are like working in cubase or some other software and you can build your tracks just like you would on your computer. All in one machine. You can also use Akai formats in the MV. It comes with sounds already so you can start making beats when you open the box. The pads on the MV were a bit stiff compared with the MPC, but I guess after a while they would soften up. With the MV you can take your track from start to finish without ever leaving the machine. It has some mastering software built in also. You can burn your stuff to a cd right in the MV.
Again, it is hard to compare the MV8000 with the MPC2000XL because the MV was made to compete with the higher class MPC 4000. If I had to make a choice between those two I would go with the 4000. It really all depends on how you plan to use the machines in question. The people at the Guitar Center told you right though. The MV8000 is a far better machine than the MPC 2000XL. If you want to create tracks or patterns and then edit them in some type of software platform, then I would say save your money and get the MPC2000XL. Even though, with a few upgrades you can add effects and stuff on the MPC2000XL. If you want to be able to do everything without a computer than go with the MV. I hope this helped a bit.
ONE

yup thats right on the money.... u cant compare the mv 8000 w/ the mpc 2000xl.. they are in two diffrent classes....

Corpz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i copped mines cuz its so damn easy to use..... and its all i need. mpc a turntable and pro tools . later ill get a keyboard but so far im damn happy .

504MusicMan

ill o.g.
BluPHI!!! said:
BESIDES IT BEING THE TOOL THAT HELPED HIP HOP,
IF THE MPC IS JUST PADS AND AN AUDIO EDITOR WITH EFFECTS---WHATS THE BIG DEAL WITH THE mpc 2000XL?????????????

The reason I ask is because went to Guitar Center this week and asked around at what is a great standalone studio piece that I should purchase.
I've always wanted an MPC because it seemed like all of my favorite producers (Pete Rock, Primo and Kanye) have made great songs with it.

But everyone there only mentioned how great the pads feel versus how great the effects and capanbilites are. THEY SUGGEST THAT I GET AN MV 8000.

THIS IS THE POST THAT WILL MAKE OR BREAK MY PURCHASE DECISION.
I KNOW THAT THE MV 8000 CAN DO GREAT THINGS, BUT I HAVE AN UNLOGICAL DESIRE FOR A 2000XL MDC.

Since I desire to

a) program great drums

b) use a keyboard to play great melodies

c) and do some great and presice audio chopping, editing and layering

BESIDES ALL OF THIS, WHAT MAKES THE MPC SUCH A GREAT PIECE

From a really interested Newbie.
ps: And yes, I have typed in "MPC 2000xl" in this forum search engine as well as read countless threads that always start talking about the MPC 2000xl but then that lead to BIAS ARGUMENTS THAT AMOUNT TO NO INFO--OR- USELESS COMPARISONS TO EQUIPMENT THAT I DONT CARE TO READ ABOUT FOR 4 PAGES.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP?????????????????????

Yea, the Pads cool but its way deeper then that!

Those catz you was talking to at Guitar Center not to bright when comes to there knowledge on the products they selling (but hey, datz life, thanks for the internet)

Anyway, one has to understand 1st that the MPC is a MIDI PRODUCTION CENTER.

Meaning if used properly , it will be the center / MASTER of all your MIDI devices in your studio.

Let me explain.

I use the MPC 2000XL (not cuz joe blow cop dat shitz) as the MASTER of my studio and nothing is above it, or coming close.

I control Reason 3.0 (used as a sound module), Cubase SX, and the Motif 7 all with my MPC using MIDI.

MIDI is the best thing for a producer since the invention of the computer!

MIDI is basically data and not Audio that allows all my devices in my studio Software / Hardware communicate with one another.

Also, the MPC is about the SEQUENCER!

My god, the Sequencer on this thing a Baby can bang out some Just Blaze jointz if they apply themselves. (might be a stretch, but you get the point :)

Also the "sound engine" of the MPC is like no other Drum Machine.

Which not really saying nothing becasue each drum machine produces its own sounds based on the "physical make up" of the parts inside of the machine

SP1200, sound like the SP1200, the MPC sound like the MPC.

Its a hardware thing.

You gotz to cop dat particular hardware if you want that particular sound.

Swing / Quantization is a big deal for alot of producers.

These features are also a matter of twisting the knob and tweaking settings to get a track to have some "SWING"

Now let me say this.

Us more "RAW" producers tend to turn dat timing shitz off most of the time and program our drumz with a natural feel, only creating a SWING with our own programming skillz.

The same way a drummer would do. He ain't got no settings / buttons to press to get swing.

Its in essence a natural thing that comes with LOTZ of practice.

However , for the NOVICE the built in SWING / QUANTIZATION features can really help u out until you get your game together and when u get tired of "robotic" sounding beatz. lol

One

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanx A Million!!!!

I Thank All Of You Guys For Your "real Talk" !!!

The Reason I Love This Forum More Than Others Is Becuase You Guys Are Like A Family That Keeps It Real With You Family Members.

You Guys Dont Waste Time (for The Most Part) Bickering When Someone Needs Help And Info.

Thanx Again My Illmuzik.com Fam!!!!!!!!!!!

-bluphi!!!

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Look at it like this. Ima name a few things the mv can do or has and if you know anything about the mpc 2kmcd(what damn joke) you'll be able to pick. One more thing they raised the price of that blue mpc so its not just old and out of date technoligy its also over price. Ok here we go.

The mv can use dimm ram up to 512mb(it been known go up to 1gig).
The mv has a build in 40 gig hard drive and a cdrw drive(that will burn you songs to as well as project data).
The mv has built in effects and good ones you will want to use.
The mv can resample.
Once you purchase you'll be able to get the vga card for free and then the mv can be used with a computer monitor of choice.
When loading up a project the mv loads up all songs and kits that was used at once( that means you can load up as many songs(16) or patterns with samples that 512 mbs can hold(try that with 32 mb).
The mv has 6 sound banks.
The mv can play up to 16 programs and have one time up to 128 ready to use(if not over the 512mb limit.
The mv comes stock with 128mb.
The mv also has 8 audio tracks.
The mv can bmp sync your samples in real time.
I can time stretch a 16 bar verse of my choice in about 10 seconds on the mv(try time stretching on the 2kxl).
The mv has real filters.
The mv now has a virtual analog modeling built in it.
The mv has pattern mode too.
The has greating editing features(drum grid and piano roll)
Now I can keep going but I think you have enuff on your table.