Whats the best format to sell a track in?

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ussaully when I record I either take my ASRX to the studio or record at my house I'm working on an album with some dudes in New York I'm in D.C., and can't be up there enough to record the entire album with my ASRX there. I'll need to have the tracks in a format that can be taken to New York, and mixed and everything there. I'm thinking I can record the seperate parts in a wav file and organize it on their software in New York but this seems kind of time consuming any other suggestions.

X

-xs-

are you going to be working with protools there? if so you could simply go to a local studio, record your "seperate parts" on different tracks in protools, then save the whole project to a cd-r (or portable hd if you have one) and take that with you. then when you get to NY, you can simply open it up and they can record their parts with no problem...

that's how i'd do it

A

ACEBEATZ

u already know it

There is no other way than to export in multitrack and burn it on a cd or zip it an send it by net. Or to build up a session in a software they use too.

Holla Ace

B

Bassclef042003

def1nition said:
Ussaully when I record I either take my ASRX to the studio or record at my house I'm working on an album with some dudes in New York I'm in D.C., and can't be up there enough to record the entire album with my ASRX there. I'll need to have the tracks in a format that can be taken to New York, and mixed and everything there. I'm thinking I can record the seperate parts in a wav file and organize it on their software in New York but this seems kind of time consuming any other suggestions.
turn it into a mp3 and save it to a cd-rw or save it by parts

members online