What's Better????

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If you know Midi, go wit the rack for economic purposes, i personal prefer to just get the whole keyboard. But you know what you want.

C

Copenhagen

If you have a midikeyboard, you really only need the rack...but it's all matter of preferences.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i heard Alchemist started off with the ASR and i wanted one but its so old, doesnt it make sense to just go with the triton, what is it about the ASR that people wont move on let me know so i can mke my decision

C

Copenhagen

I saw this producer with and ASR, I think, 10 keyboard, and from it he had this transparent plastic tube going into his mouth, like Roger Troutman uses, and was playing like a vocoder/'talkbox'...I couldn't see that he had anything else between thw plastic tube and the keyboard...so if you can do that from the keyboard too, it's definitely worth every penny from my point of view...perhaps God or Nick can explain to me if the keyboard can do that itself or if he in fact had something in between.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

If you already have a keyboard controller, get the rack mount.

If you don't have a keyboard controller, get the full keyboard version.

How much will you be paying for it?

Copenhagen, that would be a 'talk box', something very popular in the 70's. It's basically a device which somehow uses the shape of your mouth to shape a sound, like a guitar. Sort of like a vocoder... think of Peter Frampton.

You can see one here:

http://www.dunlopguitareffects.com/images/store/small/MC_HTB.gif

Take care,

Nick

J.VAZQUEZ

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Rack version work just fine, it comes with serial SCSI port &8 outputs.
the ASR is a great (& old) but if money isnot a issue follow GUEVARA's
advice & get a TRITON (I did).

"Hasta la victoria siempre!!!"

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Originally posted by Copenhagen
I saw this producer with and ASR, I think, 10 keyboard, and from it he had this transparent plastic tube going into his mouth, like Roger Troutman uses, and was playing like a vocoder/'talkbox'...I couldn't see that he had anything else between thw plastic tube and the keyboard...so if you can do that from the keyboard too, it's definitely worth every penny from my point of view...perhaps God or Nick can explain to me if the keyboard can do that itself or if he in fact had something in between.

I own one...(Talkbox w/Plastic tube) you need a keyboard amp in order for it to work. You plug the synth sound into the amp then from the output of the amp into the talk box. Then the sound comes out of the tube into your mouth then by shaping your mouth like your talking, the sound sounds like your speaking with a keyboard in your throat. But the only way to record the sound out of your mouth is with a mic next to the tube in your mouth. It a nice piece of equipment to have.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Yes, thats what I use .... a midi controller keyboard with a sound module that has real good synth sounds (a lot of resonance) run the output of the moule into the amp.

Here's a good link -
http://www.olywa.net/blame/talkbox.htm

Attachments

• talkbox.jpg
    talkbox.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 139
C

Copenhagen

excuse my lack in knowledge in regards to this. My midikeyboard has a midi out, pedal in, pc connection...so by line out, do you mean the midi out? Also, what's a amplifier head (don't know what that is in danish)...