what type of files do i need for acid

T

The Bastard

im wondering what kinda files do i need to trigger sounds in acid with a midi keyboard, is it soundfonts? im not talkin about trigger a sample and have it out of key , im talkin about loading a patch in acid and having all the notes mapped on my keyboard. i just got acid the other day and im lovin it, i just cant figure this out

ill o.g.
I don't really understand what you're asking but I'll try and give it a shot :p

Try loading up some VSTs as Soft Synths. Acid doesnt come with an application that lets you trigger samples like FL, for example. But if you load up a VST that lets you load the patches you're looking at, you'll be able to trigger your samples using your controllers & record in MIDI.

I dunno if that answers your question, hopefully it does

T

The Bastard

deStructuralize said:
I don't really understand what you're asking but I'll try and give it a shot :p

Try loading up some VSTs as Soft Synths. Acid doesnt come with an application that lets you trigger samples like FL, for example. But if you load up a VST that lets you load the patches you're looking at, you'll be able to trigger your samples using your controllers & record in MIDI.

I dunno if that answers your question, hopefully it does
ya thats whut i was talkin about,so i need vsts? then whut i jsut load em up as it it was a sample ,if u dont feel like explainin cuz itds take too long any link will do,thanks

ill o.g.
Precisely, you load samples up into the VST sampler and record as MIDI. So, you use the VST as you would normally.

Battery, or Kontakt, for example

There are good free sampler VSTs out there too

I use LoopAZoid--it's the program they based Battery on
I also have a keyboard-based one I haven't used, called Kaax.

T

The Bastard

deStructuralize said:
Precisely, you load samples up into the VST sampler and record as MIDI. So, you use the VST as you would normally.

Battery, or Kontakt, for example

There are good free sampler VSTs out there too

I use LoopAZoid--it's the program they based Battery on
I also have a keyboard-based one I haven't used, called Kaax.
do the the vst engines uve just mentionedwork well with acid?

ill o.g.
I've never encountered any problems with VSTs, but most of mine are small in size and CPU demand, so I don't experience any problems with computer stability aside from USB-related latency.

Once I get bigger stuff installed, I'll have a better answer for you. But for now, I'll say that ACID works with VSTs pretty well.

T

The Bastard

deStructuralize said:
I've never encountered any problems with VSTs, but most of mine are small in size and CPU demand, so I don't experience any problems with computer stability aside from USB-related latency.

Once I get bigger stuff installed, I'll have a better answer for you. But for now, I'll say that ACID works with VSTs pretty well.
thanks bro

members online