what sum good effects to put on vocals?

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i am using just a computer mic until i get a new one and new soundcard. i can get it to sound good to me but wat are sum good effects that i can use on the vocals i using fl studio6 xxl and i got the waves platinum bundle. i just been messing around with different effects already but figure i can get sum info from someone that how to do the same thing i gotta do. thanks for any info..

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
compression for sure. Check the waves C1 for that. then put the vocal to an auxilary send and put waves trueverb on that. Mess with the settings, the "studio A" is a great starting point.

I know you already know that you need better gear, but there is no amount of processing that will make a computer mic sound good. You gotta do what you gotta do for now, but seriously consider investing in a good microphone AND a good mic preamp. Then you would be set. Also if you're using a computer, than you need some sort of digital interface to record everything into your computer.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
micv30 said:
i am using just a computer mic until i get a new one and new soundcard. i can get it to sound good to me but wat are sum good effects that i can use on the vocals i using fl studio6 xxl and i got the waves platinum bundle. i just been messing around with different effects already but figure i can get sum info from someone that how to do the same thing i gotta do. thanks for any info..

you have the waves diamond bundle, but no mic and no soundcard?

sounds like somebody is pirating software!

shame on you.

O

open mind

i use some chorus effect with a slight echo on the hock part.and for the verse part i just cut sum lows but very slight just slight for not changing the voice to much.for that crisp sound u know.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

Why'd you buy one g worth of software if you don't got a soundcard or a real mic?

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Oohh bad pirate, but you got to learn some how so on a helpful note for singing Autotune is amazing from antares also there voice processor software can work wonders like mic molder

M

MasterMaker

i like messing around with reverb and flanger to give it that little distortion type

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hmm... record thru a good mike with a little compression... eq it nicely... then add bits of reverb/chorus to taste... and compress again!

Slamdino

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
eq and compression if necesary, delay lightly, flanger on some r&B vocals the microphone modeler from antares works wonders with a decent mic.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ColossusBeatfix said:
you have the waves diamond bundle, but no mic and no soundcard?

sounds like somebody is pirating software!

shame on you.

try before buy man...

anyways depending on what im trying to do with a song ill usually go eq, reverb, sometimes a little delay but always compression.

when im working with a chorse line sometime ill just go nuts and experiment. haha

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
this whole thread is pointless though if he doesnt have a quality source to begin with. Obviously its pirated, but no amount of processing is going to make things sound better.

research and save up for a good microphone, preamp and cables. Then when you apply our advice things will sound brilliant.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
TACTIK said:
Try this for some trippy shit... Reverse your lyrics, put reverb on them, then reverse it again.

ive never triedthat beforebut that does sound like it would be screwed... inverted reverb or sum shit

members online