What Song Made You Want To Create Beats

E

esentric

For me it was O.C.'s "Times Up". The bassline is ridiculous! I knew after hearing it I would make beats. It was good to see it revived in "8 Mile".

Which one did it for you?

M

MIKELABZ

After Listening To A Lot Of Wutang, Nas, And The Roots... That Pretty Much Got Me On Course Back In 1998... The Only Other People To Influence Me Beat Wise Was Pete Rock And Mos Def.

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
midnight in a perfect world-DJ Shadow
I was doing things before that but it made me realise alot of things. One exemple would be that you can get succesful without lowering your standards.

ill o.g.
I scratch and i wanted my own beats to scratch to, som i started lookin into it. But once i heard BIG's "Last Day" featurin LOX and "Hell On Earth" by Mobb Deep i was like fuck it im gonna go find some equipment

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
baldhead slick - no surviving
raekwon - incarcerated scarfaces

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
Mobb Deep - Shook One's...

same with me, aswell as Survival of the Fittest

sAfE.

blak flame

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
beatmakin' was always somethin' i been interested in but if i had to name specific stuff that made me want to do it i'd say

Dr. Dre - Chronic 2001 (the whole album)
MC Eiht - We Come Strapped (the whole album)
MC Eiht - Death Threatz (the whole album)
C-Bo - Straight Killer (Remix)
MC Eiht - One Less Nigga

there is a lot mo'...

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Me I think, it's the whole Eminem Show. Cuz I think it was a mix professional and basement production. And that made me feel like I could do something similar using the little that I got.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
well i wanted to be a dj when i saw juice, but then i started to get on the production side of things then i strayed away but when i really caught the bug when i heard that song Hot by Missy Eliot that shit was tight it was like whoa

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
no beat, well industry made beats, my boy made beats and I was like man I should try that, cuz his beats are tight, so after that day, I've been making beats and thats been about 3 yrs now or ist four i don't kno

zone

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think some private schools have mad budgets for arts programs, some kid i was talkin said his highschool had its own lil movie studio w/ expensive cameras and DAW workstations and shit. im glad i went to public school, i might have wasted my whole youth inside my school if it had that kind of shit.

T

The Bastard

esentric said:
For me it was O.C.'s "Times Up". The bassline is ridiculous! I knew after hearing it I would make beats. It was good to see it revived in "8 Mile".

Which one did it for you?
c.r.e.a.m.

members online