What software on a Mac?

blkyankee

ill o.g.
I'm getting a MacG5 this weekend and wondered what software you mac guys were using. I plan you using reason for composing my beats and logic pro 7 for effects. How does that set-up sound I'd be new to using a Mac and new to reason so any help is appriciated. Also I'll be hooking up M-audio trigger finger and a technics sl1200. Thanks.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I say get what you can afford. Cubase SE or Logic Pro 7 Express which would probably be what I would get if I had a G5. Either one I think you would be in good shape.

blkyankee

ill o.g.
Okay, so im correct in assuming i can start out composing by beats in reason then take them to logic and add effects/vst's.....whats a good program to lift samples from vinyl for the mac and to chop up my samples?

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
blkyankee said:
.....whats a good program to lift samples from vinyl for the mac and to chop up my samples?

Recycle all the way for chopping samples, real quick and easy. Recycle records as well

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
You can use logic for pretty much everything but mastering really. If you have Reason 3, you can use reason for mastering and logic for everything else.

BROUSSARD BEATS

BroussardGoHard
ill o.g.
Digital Perfomer with reason on mac is that working good cuz im thinking about getting reason with my Digital Perfomer 4.5 on mac Nnxt? and its good to see other Digital Perfomer user my yahoo is broussardbeats

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yao mein... I used Reason 2.5 for about 2 years, it's an awesome learning tool, but you won't get industry sounding music.. Well, it's possible, but it's a lot better (I've found) to go the DAW (in my case Cubase SX2) route w/ retardedly expensive VSTs... Once I started using VSTs all of Reason's built in instruments started to get replaced... And finally stopped using it all together. Just my 2 cents.

-Donovan

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
you can always imported you own custom made sounds into Reason.. Dont feel limited to reason's stock sounds you can always tweak them and remember all sounds that in vst's also come in RAW . wav format...

I've had alot of my material on .Mtv, bet, radio, few commercial releases using nothing but reason.. its quite simple if you know how to work it you know how to work it.. its not harder to make a track in reason sound good compared to using a Multitrack recroder and vst, Au or rtas plugin,..

Can make the same caliber track using Dp4 + Sampletank that i can using reason(visa versa)..all depends on your sounds and what u can do with em

But Mixing is a diff story i would much rather mix in something such as dp, cubase(like D mentioned) Logic

I'll get at cha broussard