What should I buy next?

Tictoc

ill o.g.
So I got my tax refunds and it's helped me to pull together over $600. I already have Reason 4 Logic 8 and an Axiom 25. What do I need next from other posts I saw that I might want an audio interface, so I was looking at http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FA66/ is anyone familiar? I have an iBook g4 and am using my stereo (with optic input) so I want the optic and I might get a mic, synth, or scratching turntable set-up next. What do you guys recommend? Should I get something else first/instead?

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
protools is a bit over-rated in my opinion, and those edirol interfaces are damn nice for what you pay. if you're using logic 8 and like it, i'd say go for it, although for future expandability i might say grab the 10/10 version for a hundred bucks more.. (FA101)

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
We had those Edirols in the lab when I was going to school and the only thing I didnt like about them was if you wanted to change the bit rate you needed to flip a switch on the back of the unit instead of being able to do it in the control software. Plus it needed to be turned off and then back on for your DAW to recognize the bit rate change. Kinda annoying. Other then that they were aiight.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"protools is a bit over-rated in my opinion"

I agree but the fact of the matter is that it has like %95 market share, if you are serious about working in the music industry you at least need to know it, even if Logic is your main DAW. That's why the Mbox is a good fit, you can keep using logic but start to learn PT. If you ever go to a studio, they most likely will be running Pro tools.

Tictoc

ill o.g.
Thanks for the feedback the fa-66 looks perfect for me. As for pro tools I might consider it but i have an older ibook g4 it has 1.5 gigs ram (upgraded) would it run smoothly? And once I get the interface what should I look for next, what kind of synth would you get or tables (for scratching)?

members online

No members online now.