What ?'s to ask an A&R

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i tried to search for similiar info but with no success. if there is a thread that offers answers to this question. providing a link to that thread would sufficient and greatly appreciated. here's the scenario. there's a crew here in my city, those of whom i've known for years. they are in process of starting a label, with having a major label as the parent label. they've reached out to me for some beats and to let my work be heard by there contact (A&R i'm assuming) with this major label that they are doing business with. i've submitted two tracks, which they've recorded on it. there contact has heard and is feeling it. i've arranged to meet this guy just to see how legitimate this deal is, because the crew for the most part is keeping things quiet as kept. i would like to know what would be some good questions to ask that would confirm that this guy is who he says he is. mind you, it's not to come across negative and not beleive in this crew and in what they say they are doing. but i want to protect myself and not be taking advantage by having some of work being lost in a midst of BS and lies and results that are below expectations.

for those of you who've have this experience or similiar, what questions would you recommend i ask this person that would, based on his answers, will confirm he is who he says he is?

feedback and advice is greatfully appreciated. peace.

ChaseCashe

ill o.g.
Put a E in front of A&R and ask him if he's listening.

Nahh Some good shit to ask him..is what style is he looking for, ask them about Royalty points and publishing for the song. All kind of shit..people are shady man..I dont know you..but I don't want anyone messing over you.

Talk about the rights to the song you and the artists will have. You should get more points than the artist if they wack..dont tell the man they wack..just ask for a certain amount of points. Ask about the monetary situations of them performing over your productions at shows and other things. Radio play if they get that..how many points you want per spin.

All kind of shit..make it seem like you know what you talking about even though you may not.

members online