What program should I buy?

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo! I'm fixin to purchase a new editing program. There are so many out there and they all seem so dope. I'm looking into Pro Tools digi001 or Mbox, Digital Performer 4.0, Cubase/the producers pack with everything. Lately I've been messing around with my hardware, mc505, triton, and yamaha cs1x. I like being able to see my wave forms and manipulating them on screen. Each of the programs I mentioned have alot of the same features along with something that sets them apart. Let me know what ya'll think, aaaiiight. Peace.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Are you running a PC or Mac? Each platform has different options: you cannot run DP or Logic on a PC, you cannot run Cool Edit or Sonar on a Mac. PT and Cubase I think will run on either machine.

Take care,

Nick

D

drew_petti

well

i do all my stuff in vegas 2.0....

super user friendly.

not downing any of the other programs.

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have a mac g4. I'm leaning towards digital performer, pro tools, or cubase producer pack. I was getting hype on the pro tools mbox, but I read something about latency and I don't even know what that exactly means. I think it has something to do with recording late. I guess I would have some dead air for a few seconds when recording and then have to spice the begining so that my track would start in time. If anybody knows about this particular topic let me know because I'm thinking that pro tools would beneficial to learn if I want to work for a studio someday.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
my preference is pro tools, but i dont have too much experiance with the others

C

Copenhagen

I'm working ProTools & M-Box with my producer partner and it has zero latency. No delay and no noise.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have the m-box too but im using it now a days with nuendo.....When it comes to plugins on a pc vst and dx opens the door wide open compare to pro tools on a pc. I feel pro tools and nuendo is the same i dont really see any major difference other than the look but i find nuendo more user friendly (to me) than pro tools is. plus with nuendo i feel free. With digidesign you stuck to the hardware and some people have no problem with that or even carring around the mbox but me sometimes im in places that i cant just pop it out....i have a laptop too. i still use pro tools when it comes lil stuff just to get good with it as a "TRADE" just in case i run into in the future i know how to to use it but im very happy with Nuendo now days.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Originally posted by The Konductor
I have a mac g4. I'm leaning towards digital performer, pro tools, or cubase producer pack.

If you're lookin for a user-friendly editor for a mac I would go with Pro Tools-001. I wouldnt even consider the M-box unless you're planning to use it on a powerbook or something. Go for the 001.
Cubase SX is crazy nice too for audio editing. I played with DP a couple of times but I didnt like the interface.

members online