What mpc do you use?

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Used them all at one point or another, got the 1K and the 60 now, really enjoying the 1k. The portability factor is great, hoping to play live with it in the next couple of months....

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Loose Cannon said:
im bout to get a 2k (non-xl). I dont know if i should just save for the xl though. Or if its worth it.

Save its worth it trust me. The 2000 dosent have the autochromatic feature which is very important for spreading samples accross the keys. THere are other features that the xl has over the 2000 which are very imprtant

class...

P

Pinnacle

MpC 4000, What you hear is what you get, Unmatched by any standard. You can't go wrong by joining the akai community; Get that 1000 and work that S*** to the fullest.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I think i am gunna go with the 1000 yall... My money aint up enough for the 2k and the 1k sounds perfect... Hopefully, i will get it soon and get to working... I always wanted an mpc 2000xl but i love the fact that i could just throw my mpc in my backpack and take it to the studio, THATS ILL!!!

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Mpc

I got a 2000xl and it works great for me, other than thid id look at a 1000 if ur big on computers for chopping and stuff also the 1000 go effects on board and 6 outs pre installed the 2000xl has the options for 8 outs and also effects and is a bit mor powerful. The power horse is th e 4000 a producers dream it go t everthing u can imagine but its pricey. id stay away from the 3000 its kind complicated and its outdated na mean
1000 is about $800-100
2kxl is about $800-1200 used new like 12-1500
4000 is bout $2000

macthedoulos

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i use the mpc 2000xl. i like it better than the 3000 strictly because i think it's easier to use (wav forms on the xl screen and other things). i haven't used the 60 series. i used the 4000 maybe 3 times. i was too lazy at the time and felt it was difficult to do what i wanted at the speed i wanted to do it because i didn't have the time to learn it. the 1000 seems cool, BUT i wish they would not have scrificed some of the 2000 xl features. seems like ther's always give and take (either size, drives, etc.). i would love for my mpc 2000xl to have a usb port which would allow me to transfer data to and from the mpc (just dreaming) as well as a memory card reader which i may install myself. overall....i love the 2000xl, but i would consider the 1000 for the size, usb, and compact flash drive.

NORTH

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I just got the 4000, and there is NO WAY I am putting this beast in a backpack and walking anywhere.... HAHAHA... it's a monster! So.. yea... good point about the 1000... you could make some sick urban beats while riding the bus!

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
MPC2KXL.....I make sweet love to that bitch everyday...LOL...But on another note, anyone ever used the analog filter for the 2KXL? Just curious as to how it works out or if it's a nice add-on to have.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
MPC 2000 (non-xl). had for about 7 or 8 years. Had to replace screen, floppy drive, and has a cracked mobo, and still puttin out bangers

members online